Total Members Voted: 6

Voting closed: January 09, 2009, 08:23:45

Offline Rubix

• 5th Gear

• au Australia
      Sydney

Offline donc

• 3rd Gear
It sounds like everyone had a blast... as late as 8:00 am yesterday morning we still planned on coming, but unfortunately the storms on Sat night caused havoc and by 8:30 I was at work up to my elbows in spiked computers :-( - maybe next time. ... but the pics look great!

Offline whitbomb07

• 5th Gear

• au Australia
      Newcastle, Australia
Hey Donc

Pity you couldn't make it. We were wondering what had happened. I was worried we were going to get back from the train ride and find you waiting at the station.......

Hopefully sooner or later there will be another one. I'm guessing your out around Bathurst? Maybe Mt Panorama meet?

Regards

Daniel

Offline Rubix

• 5th Gear

• au Australia
      Sydney

Offline EymaTeapot

• 6th Gear

• au Australia
      Canberra
It sounds like everyone had a blast... as late as 8:00 am yesterday morning we still planned on coming, but unfortunately the storms on Sat night caused havoc and by 8:30 I was at work up to my elbows in spiked computers :-( - maybe next time. ... but the pics look great!

OK, I give up.
Where are these pic that every one is talking about?
Looked around but cant find them. What have you posted them under Dan?

Offline encountar

• 3rd Gear

• au Australia
      Penrith
Heres some pics. If people would like their number plate blocked out let me know and ill delete the photo from the web and block it :)

one of the road ahead, one of all i could see in my mirror.... thanks Daniel for being at the back.. that vivid blue stood out and helped me keep track of where everyone was. some pics of the steam train, everyone bbqing it up and then the last stop (canberra guys had to head off due to time restraints) overlooking sydney

Offline EymaTeapot

• 6th Gear

• au Australia
      Canberra

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
Hey Guys.. Did you get many looks..or any comments with so many i30's in convoy?
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline Shambles

• Admin
  • Retyred @ Last

• england England
      Manchester, UK
    • i30 Owners Club
Might be better to start a thread in the piccies section for these shots, so they don't get missed
  • Ioniq MY2018 SE Premium Hybrid in Polar White with added oomph

Offline whitbomb07

• 5th Gear

• au Australia
      Newcastle, Australia
Unfortunately I'm back at work and already working flat chat.

It might take a little while for me to get my photo's up sorry.  :-[ :'(

Nice shots Petey.

Regards

Daniel

Offline camerooney

• 5th Gear

• au Australia
      South Coast NSW

• NSW Australia
Great pics guys!!
So who was the one spinning wheels in the car park?

....Thumper???
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Offline whitbomb07

• 5th Gear

• au Australia
      Newcastle, Australia
Lol

Unfortunately Thumper had already headed off at that point.

Petey did get a little bit of wheelspin as he departed, but that area is just a little fun area for hoons.....

Regards

Daniel

Offline EymaTeapot

• 6th Gear

• au Australia
      Canberra
Hey Guys.. Did you get many looks..or any comments with so many i30's in convoy?

I didnt notice too many people giving us a second look, too busy trying to keep up with Peter and Thumper to really take my eyes off the road. :lol:
I didnt see any i30's on the blue mountain run, but saw plenty on the way up from Canberra

Offline encountar

• 3rd Gear

• au Australia
      Penrith
I was too busy trying to get away from thumper :) I saw a few lookers, mainly though were the people who were annoyed when they tried to go around us... noticed all of these i30's, and when it came to a hill we were virtually impassible

Offline blawler

• 3rd Gear

• au Australia
      Sydney

Offline whitbomb07

• 5th Gear

• au Australia
      Newcastle, Australia
Oh jeez don't tell me I've started something already!!!!!!!!!!  :lol: :lol: :lol:

Only problem is on any regular day the track is 60km/h and in the time I did 2 laps (nearly 15mins) I saw 2 police vehicles............

The drive out there is pretty good and the view from the top is spectactular, but if your only keen for a race you might want to think again.

Regards

Daniel

P.S. One teaser photo in Pics section.

Offline blawler

• 3rd Gear

• au Australia
      Sydney
Nah I love the track. The motor museum was a good visit.. And for anyone who hasnt been there, its amazing how steep the track is...

Offline Rubix

• 5th Gear

• au Australia
      Sydney

Only problem is on any regular day the track is 60km/h and in the time I did 2 laps (nearly 15mins) I saw 2 police vehicles............
Yeah, that's just the way it is. Safer than not. Best time to go around is after you've done one slow lap to check where the cops are parked, and while you've got a mate sitting at the top of the hill on a radio to tell you if they move :D
Really I just think Bathurst is a nice little drive to get to, the track's a good thing to visit, as are the local eat/drinking places.

drd00d
Hey y'all,

First I must thank Daniel for organising such a great meet.  It went off without a glitch so thanks mate, appreciate your time & effort.  Also thanks to everyone else who came along & the made the trip & whole day a very memorable one.  Thanks to Thumper for scaring the crap out of my Mrs with his little fishtail!  It was great to meet everyone & the sight of 7 i30's in a row is something I won't ever forget.  To top off the day, when I pulled onto the freeway the 1st car I passed was a black i30.  Would have been great if whoever they were came along too.  It was a SR which we didn't have any of at the meet. 
Sorry for forgetting my camera but it was hard enough to get the Mrs out of bed on the day!  :lol:  Look forward to your pics Dan, & nice pics too Petey.

Cheers.

Offline donc

• 3rd Gear
Hey Donc
Pity you couldn't make it. We were wondering what had happened. I was worried we were going to get back from the train ride and find you waiting at the station.......
Hopefully sooner or later there will be another one. I'm guessing your out around Bathurst? Maybe Mt Panorama meet?
Regards
Daniel
Hey Daniel - I look after computer systems in our mines around the Central Tablelands. Unfortunately the mine with the failure was in teh northern district (a long way from Lithgow!)... as luck would have it, today I'm in Lithgow (OK, two days late!!).

Bathurst would be great for me... or Orange, Mudgee (plenty of excellent wineries)... or a day trip through the Capertee Canyon (awesome views), or could even "do the loop" (Penrith > Katoomba > Lithgow > Mudgee > Wollar > Merriwa > near-Singleton > Putty Road > back to Penrith) - it's a great drive :-)

bez10y
Looks like it was a fun day. Pity my holidays was spent looking after a sick wife otherwise we would have at least come out to say hello.

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal