Saw some interesting stuff at Cockburn Hyundai in Perth

Dazzler · 11 · 15691

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
On a tight schedule in Perth WA. Catching up with my Dad for his 96th birthday and just a few other Forum members and old friends. Was at Cockburn Hyundai yesterday and saw my first i30N in Performance Blue in the flesh.  Definitely my colour of choice with red a close second.

Was also surprised to see a dark blue PD i30 with Tan interior.  Special colour for the trophy edition.  Quite a nice combo. Also saw the new Sante Fe in the flesh. Quite a lot of changes. Was only a base model but still looked pretty good.  Here are a few pictures.

• 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline mickd

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Tura Beach ( Deep Deep South Coast) NSW
New Santa is based on Sorrento,  bit higher in the roof line at the rear,  8 sp auto , rest is same under the  skin.
We looked at Sorrento and old Santa:
preferred Santa seats and the way it rode ( firmer/sporty open road),dash, spring uprade available.
Sorrento was a floppy (soft/ wallowing town car ), didn't like dash, didn't feel as responsive.
Personal preferences really. Loved the New Santa in blue .
  • 4/18 Kona H/lndr 1.6T 7dct & 2/18 DM5 Santa Fe H/lndr 2.2 6sp (9/16 Active X)

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

Don't get me wrong. I don’t think for a minute you made a bad choice buying your SanteFe Mick (and Anita) I haven't driven any other similar vehicles but I know from reviews that your model compares well and is at the top of the pack for vehicles of that type. It's a bit like the new i30N I drove. Most impressive,  just not a me car (as Trish calls them) TBH I think I prefer the more masculine styling of your model on the exterior over the new model. I think I like the new dash slightly more though. The high mounted media screens are good once you get used to them and it looks more integrated in the new SF than in my SR.

Offline mickd

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Tura Beach ( Deep Deep South Coast) NSW
All good 👍
We'll be having a good look around when time to replace. 
Mind you, if it's like our previous cars, that's 13 years away - might be only one brand and autonomous by then    :eek:    :lol:
  • 4/18 Kona H/lndr 1.6T 7dct & 2/18 DM5 Santa Fe H/lndr 2.2 6sp (9/16 Active X)

Offline Purplehazeffc

• 3rd Gear

• au Australia
      Australia, Perth, WA
Glad the weather was out in full force for you.     Fantastic days, but as soon as the sun goes down. A bit chilly
  • PD i30 SR Manual Phoenix Orange

Offline Hati

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Perth WA
Was also surprised to see a dark blue PD i30 with Tan interior.  Special colour for the trophy edition.  Quite a nice combo.

That's what my i30 is like. Dark blue with tan interior. VERY classy, even if I say so myself :D Had to wait nearly 4 weeks for delivery. Probably the best looking i30 IMHO, just brings the shape out better than the other colours somehow...
  • 2017 i30 Elite PD

Offline beerman

• V.I.P

• au Australia
Cockburn......Tell the finish lady to use lube  :whistler:
  • A woman drove me to drink and I didn't even have the decency to thank her..

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

Cockburn......Tell the finish lady to use lube  :whistler:

I did..  :winker:

BTW.. it's pronounced Coburn...

Offline Crustycottage

• 4th Gear

• au Australia
      Australia, Perth
Cockburn......Tell the finish lady to use lube 

I did.. 

Don't insult my home town of Cock Burn and you can get it a cream for it :) Sorry to miss you Dazz this year as im currently in Esperance

I have zero time for Cockburn Hyundai as Sales guy wanted crazy price for my i30 SR and they f*cked up all alloys on my missus car changing the tyres. Not happy on both fronts :crazy1:
  • 2017 PD SR 5 Door Hatch, Petrol 1.6lt Auto, Blue

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

Cockburn......Tell the finish lady to use lube 

I did.. 

Don't insult my home town of Cock Burn and you can get it a cream for it :) Sorry to miss you Dazz this year as im currently in Esperance

I have zero time for Cockburn Hyundai as Sales guy wanted crazy price for my i30 SR and they f*cked up all alloys on my missus car changing the tyres. Not happy on both fronts :crazy1:

Sorry mate! That's a bugger but I fairly heavily committed. Lost a day in getting here with plane issues and trying to spend extra time with Dad seeing he is going down hill.

Got more people to catch up with than days this trip.  :crazy1:

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA
I've only used Cockburn once for servicing so far and they were great, though being a private entity/sales only (seperate from AHG and DVG) they use Car Giant for their servicing and maintenance.

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal