i30 Owners Club

UK service charges?

Offline bulldog180

• 4th Gear

• england England
      UK

• Cullompton, UK
Does anyone in the UK now how much each of the first 3 services are as i have been offered to pay upfront for my first 3 services by my dealer. This will cost me £587.85 which i can pay in 32 monthly payments with no interest. This also includes %10 off all accessories and also includes a breakdown cover. Any feedback will be appreciated. :D

Offline Shambles

• Admin
  • Retyred @ Last

• england England
      Manchester, UK
    • i30 Owners Club
My service costs (1.6 crdi) will be higher than yours so no point me listing them (I've had 2 services so far, at 12.5k and 25k).

HOWEVER, that figure seems extraordinarily high considering my two so far were £136 then £224.

Aww shoot, I just listed them anyway :lol:

ALSO, you have to consider that you'd be committing your ca$h upfront to a dealership that may well not be in existence to fulfil the contract in the future. I know that sounds harsh but that's exactly what happened to my supplying dealership, who incidentally offered me a similar "service deal", but which no longer exists. In fact they went under just a few months after I took delivery.

My opinion is... leave it alone, even though there is breakdown included (how long is the breakdown cover for and what level of recovery will it have?)
  • Ioniq MY2018 SE Premium Hybrid in Polar White with added oomph

Offline Lorian

• V.I.P

• gb United Kingdom
      Midlands

• Midlands, UK N-Line T-GDi
Keep in mind you get 1 year's full breakown (RAC I think) cover anyway from Hyundai.

Offline bumpkin

• V.I.P
  • Keeping it in the family!

• scotland Scotland
      Aberdeen

Offline bulldog180

• 4th Gear

• england England
      UK

• Cullompton, UK

My opinion is... leave it alone, even though there is breakdown included (how long is the breakdown cover for and what level of recovery will it have?)

UK and European breakdown and home recovery including home start when the RAC cover that comes with your new car expires after 1 year. Not sure how long this runs after the first year is over, wether it is a year or untill you have your third service, would have to check that.

Offline Shambles

• Admin
  • Retyred @ Last

• england England
      Manchester, UK
    • i30 Owners Club
The package cost still looks high, even with that recovery deal for year 2. I'll bet it's just a single years cover
  • Ioniq MY2018 SE Premium Hybrid in Polar White with added oomph

Offline eye30

• Global Moderator
  • HOS BOSS

• england England
      Wirral

• Wirral, UK. - 1.4 Petrol Active - Aqua Blue
I was offered a similar deal for services 1.6 crdi for years 2 to 5. excluding MOT cost.

When I appraised the deal I decided not to take it up.
Cash better in pocket until need to pay.

They are listed in a posting if you search for it.  (I may do it later just to see how year 2 agrees to what I was originally quoted).

My 1st was £150. 2nd just today £220.
3rd I'm expecting c£150ish plus MOT

Total £520 plus MOT @ £50 = £570

So excluding MOT would appear to be high by £67 but if included still out of pocket by £17.85.

Of course this assumes your garage charge the same prices as mine. Prices can and do differ between garages and regions.

Also, depends on service requirements for petrol which may require additional service coverage than CRDI.

ps.
Got some bad news when I went to pick up the car re tyres.  I'll open a new thread to tell you all about it.
  • 1.4 Petrol Active I'm no expert, so please correct me if

Offline Lorian

• V.I.P

• gb United Kingdom
      Midlands

Worth shopping round for MOT. Nationwide do them for half price usually. I dont' have one locally, but the local volvo garage will MOT any vehicle for £35 and that includes a wash and vac too!

Offline L30N

• 3rd Gear

• gb United Kingdom
      Wallsend, North Tyneside, UK

• Wallsend, UK
I paid £139 at Evans Halshaw Hyundai for the first 10,000 mile service (1.4 petrol).
Not sure if the 2nd service will cost more. Was offered RAC Roadside renewal for £49 but new customers are only charged £28 so might switch to AA who also have a £28 offer.

Offline Lorian

• V.I.P

• gb United Kingdom
      Midlands

If you go via quidco you can get £19 cashback off the basic £28 policy or up to about £40 back on the more expensive comprehensive policies. Similar offers for RAC too.

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal