i30 Owners Club

Rims for i30 2023 15" don't fit

Andet · 6 · 1697

Offline Andet

• 1st Gear

• pl Poland
      Silesia
I bought steel rims for my i30 with 15" tires. I double-checked the sizes everywhere I could to ensure a perfect fit. I used the oponeo.pl (online Polish good shop) configurator and consulted the Hyundai instruction manual that came with the car.

Everything seemed to match perfectly. For 15" tires for i30 2023 1.0 T-GDI , they were supposed to be 6.0Jx15", with a 5x114.3 bolt pattern, a 67.1mm center bore, and an ET of 46.

I purchased them on Allegro (Polish online shop), and they were described as "Hyundai OE" (Original Equipment).

I thought I couldn't have done more to ensure the right rims. I bought winter tires separately and had them mounted and balanced.

Now, I'm swapping the wheels. I removed the factory summer ones and put on the ones I bought, and... they don't fit! They're hitting the brake. The rim's inner diameter seems okay, but it slightly narrows at a certain depth. That's causing the rim to only partially fit.

You carefully follow Hyundai's instructions, buy OE rims, and they don't fit!

After all the careful preparations for the purchase, I have a set of winter wheels that don't fit!
  • 2023 i30 5 Door Hatch, 1.0 T-GDI, Manual, Dark Knight

Offline TerryT

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Sydney, NSW
I bought steel rims for my i30 with 15" tires. I double-checked the sizes everywhere I could to ensure a perfect fit. I used the oponeo.pl (online Polish good shop) configurator and consulted the Hyundai instruction manual that came with the car.

Everything seemed to match perfectly. For 15" tires for i30 2023 1.0 T-GDI , they were supposed to be 6.0Jx15", with a 5x114.3 bolt pattern, a 67.1mm center bore, and an ET of 46.

I purchased them on Allegro (Polish online shop), and they were described as "Hyundai OE" (Original Equipment).

I thought I couldn't have done more to ensure the right rims. I bought winter tires separately and had them mounted and balanced.

Now, I'm swapping the wheels. I removed the factory summer ones and put on the ones I bought, and... they don't fit! They're hitting the brake. The rim's inner diameter seems okay, but it slightly narrows at a certain depth. That's causing the rim to only partially fit.

After all the careful preparations for the purchase, I have a set of winter wheels that don't fit!

Frustrating! It would seem then that the Allegro web site's "Hyundai OE rims for i30 2023" are an inexplicably different spec to the genuine Hyundai OE version. It seems that you did your research but still got dudded! Sorry to hear.  Please let us know how you resolved this problem.
  • 2018 i30 PD SR Auto 1.6 Turbo Hatch (Sparkling Metal)

Offline Andet

• 1st Gear

• pl Poland
      Silesia
The official service center (ASO) told me that I should check the compatibility in the homologation document I received with the car.

I checked there (Hyundai Certificate of Conformity), and it also states that 15" rims are acceptable.

It's a 2023 model, i30, Smart version. They released a series where 15" rims are too small, but they haven't updated it in the accompanying documents.

I spoke to the rim seller, describing the whole situation, and he showed full understanding and agreed without any issues to let me return those rims. It's worth buying from such sellers.

The tire seller also agreed to take back the 15" tires when I buy 16".

Offline TerryT

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Sydney, NSW

Frustrating! It would seem then that the Allegro web site's "Hyundai OE rims for i30 2023" are an inexplicably different spec to the genuine Hyundai OE version. It seems that you did your research but still got dudded! Sorry to hear.  Please let us know how you resolved this problem.

@ Andet.  Have you sorted out the problem?

Offline Andet

• 1st Gear

• pl Poland
      Silesia
Yes, I installed 16" wheels with no problems.

Offline TerryT

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Sydney, NSW
Yes, I installed 16" wheels with no problems.

Thanks for the update.

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal