i30 Owners Club

i30 Sunroof Option

iGlen · 15 · 8933

Offline iGlen

• 1st Gear
Hi

I saw a brochure for the i30 recently and it said that a sunroof will be available as an option in Australia in 2008. Does anyone know if it available yet?

cheers,
Glen

Offline eye30

• Global Moderator
  • HOS BOSS

• england England
      Wirral

• Wirral, UK. - 1.4 Petrol Active - Aqua Blue
  • 1.4 Petrol Active I'm no expert, so please correct me if

Offline iGlen

• 1st Gear
Thanks, yes I have seen that. The Australian accessory brochure states it will be released here in 2008. I dropped an email to them yesterday asking if it is available.

Can anyone with the sunroof in other parts of the world comment on what it is like? Does it add to the i30 experience? Rattle?

cheers,
Glen

Offline blawler

• 3rd Gear

• au Australia
      Sydney
That sunroof looks exactly the same as the one they fitted to the nissan pulsar a few years back. Its basically an after market one that they fit to the car when it arrives on shore.

There are better after market ones than that one. I found in the pulsar the grey surround has started to peel away from the roof.

Offline iGlen

• 1st Gear
Hi all,

Just a heads up that I received a message back from Hyundai today stating that the sunroof is not available on my desired model (i30 SR) as standard, but it is may be installed aftermarket by my local direct dealership.

cheers,
Glen

bez10y
Has anyone had a sunroof installed aftermarket and if so what was the cost and installation time?

Offline LuciferDarklord

• 5th Gear

• au Australia
      Bindoon, W.A.

• Bindoon, Western Australia.
Dunno if things have changed much, but aftermarket sunroofs used to leak, rust and seriously harm resale prices, just from my personal experience.  Anyone else find the same?

Offline misswicket

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Brighton Le Sands

• Sydney Australia. Vivid Blue SR
I also just bought an SR and organised for the dealer to fit a Webasto  'Hollandia 700' fully integrated sunroof. It was cheaper for the dealership to get it done than for me to take the car to the Webasto centre in Sydney. Which is the same place the dealership take them to, plus I won't be without a car while it is fitted. Cost $2000 through dealership, while I was quoted $2500 to have it done myself. I can only assume, the dealership gets a volume discount as they are a very large group. My car is due next week will let you know how it goes.

bez10y
Thanks MissWicket.

The Hollandia series seem to be the ones to get but I can't afford $2k (or 2.5K) for the 700 model. I was thinking about getting one of those simple glass ones with the manual latch. I think they cost about $500.

Still undecided as we have a few house renovation jobs coming up soon and the sunroof is low on the list.

Offline misswicket

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Brighton Le Sands

• Sydney Australia. Vivid Blue SR
its a pleasure. Hope you get some sort of sunroof soon! Will post some pics of my car when it arrives (hopefully next week).

Offline Shambles

• Admin
  • Retyred @ Last

• england England
      Manchester, UK
    • i30 Owners Club
  • Ioniq MY2018 SE Premium Hybrid in Polar White with added oomph

Offline 2i30s

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      Hampton Park,Vic
 :lol: :lol:
  • 2009 manual sx hatch and 2009 automatic sx cw. both 2.0 petrol.

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
That's awesome  :D (for a cheapskate like me... :lol:)
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline 2i30s

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      Hampton Park,Vic
the price markup on an aftermarket dealer suplied sunroof is amazing.i got quoted from my dealer around $3.000 so i said ill give that a miss.on my way home thismorning i droped into a sunroof fitting shop for a price and was told $1495 fitted.i told the guy who quoted me what my dealer wanted and he nearly fell over in amazement.he told me he actually fits them for my dealer for the price he told me.$1495. :rolleyes: :mad: if anyone in Melbourne want the sunroof details ill email it to you,just ask. :razz:
  • 2009 manual sx hatch and 2009 automatic sx cw. both 2.0 petrol.

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal