i30 Owners Club

Removing rear fog lights from i30

Raid · 16 · 7803

Offline Raid

• 4th Gear

• gb United Kingdom
      London

• Nobody is perfect.
Hello guys any chance someone can help me by explaining to me how can I remove the rear fog lights plz thanks.
  • I30 active 1.4 petrol 2013

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA
Once you remove the rear inspection cover which connects to the bumper base then you'll have access to the rear fog lights, that's how it is with mine but the 3 doors have different fog light shape and placement compared to the 5 doors.

Offline eye30

• Global Moderator
  • HOS BOSS

• england England
      Wirral

• Wirral, UK. - 1.4 Petrol Active - Aqua Blue
Are you wishing to replace or some other reason to remove?
  • 1.4 Petrol Active I'm no expert, so please correct me if

Offline Doggie 1

• V.I.P
  • Doggie Connoisseur

• au Australia
      Perth

• 2019 PD2 Go Petrol, Manual. 30,000 kms.

Offline Raid

• 4th Gear

• gb United Kingdom
      London

• Nobody is perfect.
Thanks guys but the reason why I would like to get access to that fog light is because someone hit my rear bumper and the parts that's holding the fog light inside broke so would like to fix that bit then take the car for repair. Will upload pic in a bit

Offline Raid

• 4th Gear

• gb United Kingdom
      London

• Nobody is perfect.

I can push the fog light because the plastic part is broken inside

Offline Doggie 1

• V.I.P
  • Doggie Connoisseur

• au Australia
      Perth

• 2019 PD2 Go Petrol, Manual. 30,000 kms.

Offline Raid

• 4th Gear

• gb United Kingdom
      London

• Nobody is perfect.
So will see if I can remove the inspection cover underneath the car and try to fix that part

Offline ibrokeit

• V.I.P
  • Author of War & Peace

• au Australia
      Brisbane
Well that sucks!

I think someone did previously post about removing the bumper - or a diagram of how it attached from service docs... but I not sure anyone has posted about the light in the rear bumper of the GD.

I suspect what you suggest will be the way to access it, and probably the way it is done for service... otherwise it implies having to remove the entire bumper to change a bulb (assuming rear twist in holder)... and I would assume, for the same reason, the mounts/clips for the light won't be hidden/blocked by bumper mounting.
  • 2019 i30 N-Line Premium (previously 2010 i30cw SLX (Auto) Petrol 2.0L)

Offline Raid

• 4th Gear

• gb United Kingdom
      London

• Nobody is perfect.
Yep I think what craigB said o need to remove the inspection cover then will be able to get the the fog light and yep that sucks and been quoted £140 to get the bumper fix

Offline ibrokeit

• V.I.P
  • Author of War & Peace

• au Australia
      Brisbane
Yep I think what craigB said o need to remove the inspection cover then will be able to get the the fog light and yep that sucks and been quoted £140 to get the bumper fix

:oops: missed that it was CraigB suggestion, and that he had done it.    :sorry1:  CraigB
  • 2019 i30 N-Line Premium (previously 2010 i30cw SLX (Auto) Petrol 2.0L)

Offline Raid

• 4th Gear

• gb United Kingdom
      London

• Nobody is perfect.

:oops: missed that it was CraigB suggestion, and that he had done it.    :sorry1:  CraigB
It's ok thanks mate maybe tomorrow or sometime will have to find a way to get to that part so that I can't fix it then get the bumper done
« Last Edit: September 13, 2015, 13:54:28 by Raid »

Offline eye30

• Global Moderator
  • HOS BOSS

• england England
      Wirral

• Wirral, UK. - 1.4 Petrol Active - Aqua Blue
I take it you did not get the other drivers details for insurance claim as done when you were not with the car
  • 1.4 Petrol Active I'm no expert, so please correct me if

Offline Raid

• 4th Gear

• gb United Kingdom
      London

• Nobody is perfect.
I take it you did not get the other drivers details for insurance claim as done when you were not with the car
That's right mate I parked it somewhere safe and they still managed to do that oh well

Offline wbm00

• 4th Gear

• gb United Kingdom
      West Midlands, UK
That's right mate I parked it somewhere safe and they still managed to do that oh well

Hate it when that happens... have you spoken to the landowner to see if they have any info (e.g. cameras you aren't aware of) that could help? It'd be interesting to know the cost when it's been sorted.
  • 2014 i30 GD 1.4i 98ps 6-speed manual

Offline Raid

• 4th Gear

• gb United Kingdom
      London

• Nobody is perfect.

Hate it when that happens... have you spoken to the landowner to see if they have any info (e.g. cameras you aren't aware of) that could help? It'd be interesting to know the cost when it's been sorted.
I was very angry when I saw it but nothing much I can do as its on the street and i have been checking at some other cars of they have any scratches on theirs but no luck and I have been quoted £140 to paint the bumper and I will have to sort out the rear fog by myself.

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal