i30 Owners Club

Led number plate white bulb

Raid · 8 · 3086

Offline Raid

• 4th Gear

• gb United Kingdom
      London

• Nobody is perfect.
Hey guys has any of you changed your number plate bulb to white led lights plz and may I know which one you used plz thanks
« Last Edit: October 04, 2015, 13:12:49 by Raid »
  • I30 active 1.4 petrol 2013

Offline Just Rick

• V.I.P
  • Big Dogs Rule

• au Australia
      Beverley Western Australia

• miracles can happen
They're just a standard two wired contact globe T10 wedge I think they're called,get them at any decent auto accessory shop or for a couple of dollars on ebay
  • 2011 SLX CRDI 6 Spd, 2010 Holden Cruze CD Diesel and 2001 Hyundai Accent Coupe

Offline Raid

• 4th Gear

• gb United Kingdom
      London

• Nobody is perfect.
Thanks Rick its a 501 W5W blub and I'm looking for an LED white one but was just wondering if anyone found a nice white bulb and changed theirs.

Offline ibrokeit

• V.I.P
  • Author of War & Peace

• au Australia
      Brisbane
I have not for replacement LED wedge - but I did see (when looking for number plate lenses - see my cracked lenses topic) replacement LED modules for GD (seems not for FD) body...

Apparently they replace the whole bulb mount and lens.   As a start point if interested (this vendor AU, you are UK): :link: 6000K White LED Number Plate Rego Light FOR Hyundai Elentra I30 KIA Cerato Forte | eBay
  • 2019 i30 N-Line Premium (previously 2010 i30cw SLX (Auto) Petrol 2.0L)

Offline Raid

• 4th Gear

• gb United Kingdom
      London

• Nobody is perfect.
I have not for replacement LED wedge - but I did see (when looking for number plate lenses - see my cracked lenses topic) replacement LED modules for GD (seems not for FD) body...

Apparently they replace the whole bulb mount and lens.   As a start point if interested (this vendor AU, you are UK): :link: 6000K White LED Number Plate Rego Light FOR Hyundai Elentra I30 KIA Cerato Forte | eBay
Thanks mate

Offline Just Rick

• V.I.P
  • Big Dogs Rule

• au Australia
      Beverley Western Australia

• miracles can happen
Thanks Rick its a 501 W5W blub and I'm looking for an LED white one but was just wondering if anyone found a nice white bulb and changed theirs.

Raid they are exactly the ones I speak of,they're also called a T10 Wedge get em off ebay for $1 a piece(without doing a proper money conversion)that would be about 1 pound for a pair and as said go to your loacl speed shop if you can't wait for them to be posted and should cost you no more than 5 or 6 pound
  • 2011 SLX CRDI 6 Spd, 2010 Holden Cruze CD Diesel and 2001 Hyundai Accent Coupe

Offline Raid

• 4th Gear

• gb United Kingdom
      London

• Nobody is perfect.

Raid they are exactly the ones I speak of,they're also called a T10 Wedge get em off ebay for $1 a piece(without doing a proper money conversion)that would be about 1 pound for a pair and as said go to your loacl speed shop if you can't wait for them to be posted and should cost you no more than 5 or 6 pound
Thanks Rick I bought some osram ones on eBay should be with me in a couple of days but thanks a lot for your help mate

Offline ibrokeit

• V.I.P
  • Author of War & Peace

• au Australia
      Brisbane

Raid they are exactly the ones I speak of,they're also called a T10 Wedge get em off ebay for...

I wonder if that is a FD/GD difference and/or a hatch/wagon difference - my FD wagon has festoon bulbs.
  • 2019 i30 N-Line Premium (previously 2010 i30cw SLX (Auto) Petrol 2.0L)

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal