i30 Owners Club

Trip counter issues

Offline bingbonglong

• 2nd Gear
The other day I put a small amount of fuel in my i30. Whatever works out how many miles you can do before needing to fill up again didn't notice the fuel. So now the miles to next fill indicator is permanantly too low. Is there a way to reset it? Thanks
  • i30 1.4 comfort petrol

Offline asathorny

• V.I.P
  • Wonky Donkey

• england England
      Manchester City centre

• Curmudgeon
Dunno, but sounds like yer gonna reset the ecu AGAIN  :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:    :goodjob: :goodjob: :goodjob:

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
I'd just wait and see what happens next time you put a decent amount of fuel in!  :undecided:

Did the fuel gauge level go up?
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline Phil №❶

• Top Gear
  • Loco, most of the time!

• au Australia
      Mos Eisley, South Australia
Perhaps it's waiting for a trip reset, either way, I always fill the tank. Don't like servos enough to put partial fills in.
  • 2008 SX CRDi Auto White (Lila)[hr]2010 SLX CRDi Auto Red (Ruby)

Offline eye30

• Global Moderator
  • HOS BOSS

• england England
      Wirral

• Wirral, UK. - 1.4 Petrol Active - Aqua Blue
When the fuel in the tank is below a certain level I think you need to put in a certain amount before it activates the sensor in the tank.

Not sure but 6 litres of fuel in the tank seems to ring a bell in my grey matter
  • 1.4 Petrol Active I'm no expert, so please correct me if

Offline Asterix

• V.I.P
  • i40 CRDi 100kW 2013

• dk Denmark
      Sdr. Omme - DK
I think it have been mentioned before that a small amount of fuel won't change the computer's distance to empty reading.

I don't think the Hyundai tripcomputer is very good... :disapp:
  • i40 CRDi 100 kW 2013

Offline Geothe50

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Sandringham, VIC
The other day I put a small amount of fuel in my i30. Whatever works out how many miles you can do before needing to fill up again didn't notice the fuel. So now the miles to next fill indicator is permanantly too low. Is there a way to reset it? Thanks

I recommend to use the User Setting Mode to change the AVG Fuel Economy to "Auto Reset". This will reset the Distance to Empty (DTE) when you add more than six litres of fuel. Regardless, in my i30 the DTE figure has varied from 532km to 681km after a refill. Enjoy you car   :wink:
  • Subaru Forester, i30 Elite 1.8L Petrol Auto

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal