i30 Owners Club

lack of acceleration from a stop.

Ben_96 · 13 · 5575

Offline Ben_96

• 1st Gear

• au Australia
      WA
Hey guys I'm hoping some of you may know what's going on with my car. 

When taking off from a stop you get a bit of movement and then 2 or 3 seconds of nothing, followed by a surge of power all at once?

It has been mentioned during the last service and we paid them to fix what they said it was but it is still there. 

Just wondering if anyone has experienced this or similar or what it may be. 

Thank you in advance.

Ben.
  • hyundai i30

Offline Ben_96

• 1st Gear

• au Australia
      WA
It feels like it cant find the next gear. It is an auto and has stalled on occasion.
  • hyundai i30

Offline Just Rick

• V.I.P
  • Big Dogs Rule

• au Australia
      Beverley Western Australia

• miracles can happen
If you have PAID for a problem to be fixed and it has not been rectified I would be certainly taking the car back,sorry I have no idea's why it would be doing this,being petrol can only be fuel or electrical,now that you have posted that you can forget my idea's  :whistler:
  • 2011 SLX CRDI 6 Spd, 2010 Holden Cruze CD Diesel and 2001 Hyundai Accent Coupe

Offline Ben_96

• 1st Gear

• au Australia
      WA
It is a hard problem to prove because it only happens maybe 1 in 6 stops so it is not something easily displayed? But yes, it will be going back next week.
Thanks for the reply.
  • hyundai i30

Offline Just Rick

• V.I.P
  • Big Dogs Rule

• au Australia
      Beverley Western Australia

• miracles can happen
see your in WA,anyhow surely if you explain it is only doing it every 6 stops,why don;t they with your permission keep the car a few days,to see if they can replicate the issue if it is that regular,is it still under warranty
  • 2011 SLX CRDI 6 Spd, 2010 Holden Cruze CD Diesel and 2001 Hyundai Accent Coupe

Offline VaerO

• 4th Gear

• au Australia
      Wagga Wagga, NSW

• WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR?
    • TUMBLR

Offline Ben_96

• 1st Gear

• au Australia
      WA
Yes it is still under warranty although the part they replaced apparently is not currently covered under Hyundai warranty..
  • hyundai i30

Offline Ben_96

• 1st Gear

• au Australia
      WA
The dead space theory seems to be a close match. Il read more I to it. Thanks for the info
  • hyundai i30

Offline Doggie 1

• V.I.P
  • Doggie Connoisseur

• au Australia
      Perth

• 2019 PD2 Go Petrol, Manual. 30,000 kms.
What area is your dealership in?
  • Tertius the i30

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA
Being an auto with slipping and stalling issues it could possibly be a problem with the torque converter or valve body/clutches :undecided:

Offline Phil №❶

• Top Gear
  • Loco, most of the time!

• au Australia
      Mos Eisley, South Australia
Ben, the description of your car does not give us any clues how t assist you. Please give us the year, engine type, trans (Auto), etc. Your location would also help.

If the car's under warranty, then back to the dealer with a loan car until the problem is found and rectified.

What part did they replace that is not warranty covered. Whilst most service depts try to be helpful, don't take any cr*p from them, as some do tell porkies just to get you to go away. We don't tolerate that here and if caught the dealer is named and shamed, conversely, if you think you've been dealt with professionally and courteously, we also would like to know the dealer involved.

• 2008 SX CRDi Auto White (Lila)[hr]2010 SLX CRDi Auto Red (Ruby)

Offline Mri30

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Gold Coast, Queensland, 4208
Hi Ben-96, my 2014 i30 auto petrol is doing exactly the same, it's going in next Wed 17 Dec for them to look at

Cheers

Dave

Offline demuire

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Ipswich, Queensland
Hi Ben_96 and Mri30 - did you ever get this sorted?  My wife's 2013 GD i30 auto petrol has also been doing this occasionally for a few months now. Hard to replicate as it only happens once every couple of weeks...

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal