i30 Owners Club

Locking Questions - Secondhand i30 2011 1.6L Petrol

Offline Mikesage86

• 1st Gear
  • Mike Sage

• za South Africa
      Kwazulu
Hi,

I bought a secondhand i30 2011 1.6L Petrol. I just wanted to ask a few questions because i don't know if something is wrong with the car or if the Salesman is telling the truth.

1. Is it possible to just unlock the drivers door with the remote control key? not open all the doors with one press of open.
2. Both the rear doors don't open if locked and you just open using the handle, is this normal? I either have to use the unlock button on remote / front door open button or they can manually open with the lock about handle (I'm worried that damages the lock)

Thanks for all the help in advance :) i will prob add more questions as I'm going along.
  • Hyundai i30 2011 1.6L

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
 :welcum: Mike.

I believe where you live is in South Africa. Models and features do vary a bit from place to place. Do you have access to the correct owners manual for your model?

I wasn't aware that your model could be programmed for anti-hijack unlocking but it may be possible (I think the default is all doors unlocking on the first press)

Sounds like the child locks are set on the rear doors (switch on door edge - only accessible when doors are open)

Hopefully others can tell you more.. :cool:
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline Mikesage86

• 1st Gear
  • Mike Sage

• za South Africa
      Kwazulu
Thanks Dazzler,

Yeah i live in SA. I don't have my i30 at the moment as it is in getting a few things sorted out. But i believe the correct owners manual is in the cubbyhole.

Childlock could be on, but then wouldn't child lock stop the door from opening (Only openable from the outside) I will check for the switch on the inside of the doors.

Thanks for the help and reply  :goodjob:  :victory:
  • Hyundai i30 2011 1.6L

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
Sometimes the Actuators (solenoid swiches) in the locks can die or have an intermittent fault in Hyundais (including the i30)

However, it is unlikely for both rear ones to fail at the same time and usually if that happens the door is stuck shut until they are replaced.
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal