i30 Owners Club

P2112 error code.what to do?

kroner · 17 · 16612

Offline kroner

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Sydney
Hi all.I scanned my crdi i30 and came with a p2112 error code.
The throttle actuator is stuck on closed.

Car seems to be running fine. Could the throttle position sensor be damaged?
I took it off quickly what I think is the sensor and gave it a clean but the error remains.

Any suggestions to help me troubleshoot further? Thanks
  • 2012 GD Premium CRDI

Offline Shambles

• Admin
  • Retyred @ Last

• england England
      Manchester, UK
    • i30 Owners Club
Did you try to clear the code with the app you used to read it?

If it doesn't clear it does indeed sound like a new sensor is on the cards :(
  • Ioniq MY2018 SE Premium Hybrid in Polar White with added oomph

Offline Just Rick

• V.I.P
  • Big Dogs Rule

• au Australia
      Beverley Western Australia

• miracles can happen
As Shambles said,once you think you have fixed the error you must clear it from the computer,on the OBII scanner I have in settings there is a clear all error codes mode
  • 2011 SLX CRDI 6 Spd, 2010 Holden Cruze CD Diesel and 2001 Hyundai Accent Coupe

Offline kroner

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Sydney
thanks guys.
I actually already done that, but the error re-appears.
I'm actually not entirely sure the sensor I removed and cleaned is the throttle position sensor, it was just a guess and easy to remove.
The one I removed and cleaned is the one marked in the picture (not my car) in blue, but due to the design (had a hole inside) I had the impression i could be more of an air pressure sensor.

The one I'm guessing could be is the one I marked in red, that is actually connected to the throttle

Does anyone know for sure?
My car is a 2009 CRDI from Aus

« Last Edit: January 17, 2015, 22:16:49 by kroner »
  • 2012 GD Premium CRDI

Offline cruiserfied

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Grafton, NSW

• Crooked-H Hero
Plug it back in after unplugging to change oil filter.
  • 2018 I30-SR. 2002 Tiburon. 2000 Wrangler.

Offline kroner

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Sydney
Mate, thanks for the tip.
It was unplugged! there's a little cable in fron of the oil filter (nowhere near I thought it was, quite easy to find.. hanging there unplugged!
all is back to normal!
« Last Edit: January 18, 2015, 00:09:03 by kroner »
  • 2012 GD Premium CRDI

Offline Hornet

• 3rd Gear

• au Australia
      Queensland
Kroner pleased to hear your problem is fixed. The depth of knowledge, about our i30's, that we can learn from this Club never ceases to amaze me.  Perhaps you might care to let us know the type and brand of scanner you use and your opinion of its performance.
I have a cable interface (ELM) and it plugs into the laptop USB port. I installed ScanMaster-ELM software and it seems to be good however I am told the "all in one" scanners are simple to set up and work as well as the ELM and laptop.
There are many reasonably priced "all in one" type scanners on Ebay and I would value your opinion and perhaps other members views on types and use of OBD2 Scanners that suit our i30.
  • i30 CW CRDI 1.6l Auto 2011

Offline Johnno

• 5th Gear

• gb United Kingdom
      Bolton, Lancashire
Hornet, I'll be going round to my brothers in the next week or so to hook up his Delphi to my chariot and will report back on how it performs. I have already got a scanner but not hooked it up yet, as my brother says his delphi is 100 times better and can perform all sorts of task's if the ECU is compatible with it.  ie. switching on lights, wipers, door locks to name a few so will report when done
  • 2013 5D 1.6 CRDi Style Nav auto white

Offline kroner

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Sydney
Hi hornet.I use a cheap $8 Bluetooth obd2 interface I bought a few years back.with the "torque" app for android. I had some issues were the adapter wouldn't work.and I realised the obd2 connector on the car moves shd would not connect properly..so I had to grab the connector in the car and firmly press it with the adapter.works great now.
  • 2012 GD Premium CRDI

Offline Hornet

• 3rd Gear

• au Australia
      Queensland
Thanks for the info kroner. My lap top and USB lead is OK but I would prefer the small OBD2 bluetooth plug transmitting to a small android appliance as you have. Before I jump in and buy one I will wait to see if other Members have had experience with the small complete "all in one" units that cost from $10 to $50au on Ebay.
 I have read a lot and see that some are for the engine fault codes only while dearer ones give all codes for engine plus trany, airbags and lights. I could be wrong but that is how I understand the product descriptions.
Anyway thanks again kroner. 

Offline Lorian

• V.I.P

• gb United Kingdom
      Midlands

• Midlands, UK N-Line T-GDi
I'd be interested to know where he sourced his Delphi clone and what rev of software its using. I've been thinking of getting one to diagnose non ECU issues on our peogeot. My elm327 only talks to the ECU, I need something that will talk to the ABS controller on the pug. Be great if its fully functional on the i30 - docs imply it will be.

Offline Hornet

• 3rd Gear

• au Australia
      Queensland
I'd be interested to know where he sourced his Delphi clone and what rev of software its using. I've been thinking of getting one to diagnose non ECU issues on our peogeot. My elm327 only talks to the ECU, I need something that will talk to the ABS controller on the pug. Be great if its fully functional on the i30 - docs imply it will be.

Delphi looks good. If it talks to the engine and all other systems in the i30 then that is what I would target. More research required.

Offline Johnno

• 5th Gear

• gb United Kingdom
      Bolton, Lancashire
Lorian, he got it from aliexpress , just got off the phone with him and i'm popping round to plug mine into it , he did say if your car as got delphi equipment on it will do a lot more  stuff, report back in a couple of hrs

Offline Lorian

• V.I.P

• gb United Kingdom
      Midlands

Thanks. I'll be interested to hear, my finger is hovering over the buy button. I've found one for £31 shipped with 2014 code.

I would at this point feel the need to mention to anyone else reading this, if you were to be interested in one of these, be sure to understand what you are buying (not a £1000+ Delphi reader) , that it needs to run on a PC not connected to the internet, and personally I would only install it on a freshly installed PC with no personal data on it, and I'd firewall it with any any drop.

Offline Johnno

• 5th Gear

• gb United Kingdom
      Bolton, Lancashire
Don't buy it yet

we need to find out more info

been trying to get the delphi ds 150 2014 R2 to work but it looks like you have to send the key gen activation code back to the seller and he will activate the key and return it to you, now at this stage I'm not sure if he charges you a fee for this, but found on the net that some people have been charged seems a bit underhanded, cant seem to find much info.

From what my brother says even this latest version is some 12 months behind from the original due to manufactures only releasing about 3 to 4 updates per year. He's lent me the software and device and I'll have a play around with it.

One I think I need to know is when was the 2nd gen manufactured as the 2013 software goes up 2012 i30 and it doesn't say if its a FD or GD

I'll have another go tomorrow, sorry for the delay

Offline Lorian

• V.I.P

• gb United Kingdom
      Midlands

Offline Johnno

• 5th Gear

• gb United Kingdom
      Bolton, Lancashire
Thanks Lorain for the info and thanks to Surferdude and Phil No1 for helping me to get this up

Here's the notes which the Delphi 2013 R3 software can support.
You'll have to download it coz I'm having problems reading on line............I think its working now

:link: Delphi Codes
« Last Edit: January 19, 2015, 05:26:54 by Phil №❶ »

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal