eye30 · 5 · 1561

Offline eye30

• Global Moderator
  • HOS BOSS

• england England
      Wirral

• Wirral, UK. - 1.4 Petrol Active - Aqua Blue
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-19310649

Websites could be banned from using premium rate helplines and loading hidden charges onto online bookings.

The move is among new measures being proposed to improve the rights of consumers.

The government says it wants the law updated to take account of changes in the way we buy goods and services.

For non UK members - Is this the same where you live?
  • 1.4 Petrol Active I'm no expert, so please correct me if

Offline Just Rick

• V.I.P
  • Big Dogs Rule

• au Australia
      Beverley Western Australia

• miracles can happen
as far as I am aware,here if you are purchasing online ALL costs must be shown before you finalise your purchase,I know here it is large and small busines's which are pushing to have internet shopping changed,as it is having  affects on their sales,lot more to the story than that,interent shopping has become very popular,I do a great deal of my business online,far cheaper than having to do all the running around yourself and as long as your prepared to wait your purchase is delivered to your door,in ten years of shopping like this for both small and large items,I have only evry been stung once.
  • 2011 SLX CRDI 6 Spd, 2010 Holden Cruze CD Diesel and 2001 Hyundai Accent Coupe

Offline Just Rick

• V.I.P
  • Big Dogs Rule

• au Australia
      Beverley Western Australia

• miracles can happen
sorry,I mis read your post,your talking bookings,the answer to that is yes it is also being looked at over here to,sorry about that I went off in my own little tangent.
  • 2011 SLX CRDI 6 Spd, 2010 Holden Cruze CD Diesel and 2001 Hyundai Accent Coupe

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
Yeah, I nearly got stung booking some airfares.. Credit card surcharge etc..

Ended up going through another crowd for the same flights and saved nearly $100  :Shocked:
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline eye30

• Global Moderator
  • HOS BOSS

• england England
      Wirral

• Wirral, UK. - 1.4 Petrol Active - Aqua Blue
I have only ever been stung once.

Likewise.

Placed order online for a camera.

No sooner had I sent and received a confirmation I had an email to tell me it was out of stock and would not be getting any more in and refund to be process within days.

Well no refund within days so I contacted credit card co and was told I had to wait up to 30 days as that was the rule re refunds.

I wasn't too pleased so I asked cc to with hold payment.  Again can't do that as they have 30 days to refund but they did agree to "freeze" charge so I didn't need to pay or attract interest charges for 1 month.

Anyway no refund within the 30 days so cc refunded me the full amount, after completing forms they sent me, then the next day the company refunded the full amount.

So I then had to inform the cc to take back their payment.

Seems as if this company had a habit of advertising goods in stock but they were not.  so they have your cash for 30 days to play with....

ps
I was sending the company emails nearly every other day and was always responded to within the day with an apology etc and refund being processed. 
Tried landline but always got answer phone.

pps.
I wasn't too bothered really as the value was over £100 so covered by the cc refund policy.

But cc tried to sell me a policy to cover such incidents.
So I explained I was covered under the consumer law as over £100 so why try to sell me policy.  Must have been on commission.....
  • 1.4 Petrol Active I'm no expert, so please correct me if

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal