i30 Owners Club

Floods in Queensland...

Guest · 12 · 2802

nemesisau
... The state just south of Capricornia according to the Mail in the UK. In a story abiut the death of a woman trying to drive through flood waters, the infographic is very wrong. Maybe someone can copy the pic before it changes?
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1343034/Australia-flood-Woman-41-drowns-trying-drive-road.html#comments

Offline rustynutz

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      South Gippsland
Speaking of flooding..is snowcherry ok? She's somewhere around that area isn't she?
Hopefully her and her snowmobile are safe.... :scared:

Offline 2i30s

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      Hampton Park,Vic
Speaking of flooding..is snowcherry ok? She's somewhere around that area isn't she?
its her snow chariot.  :scared:
  • 2009 manual sx hatch and 2009 automatic sx cw. both 2.0 petrol.

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net

She was on the site yesterday afternoon so I guess she is o/k .. :goodjob:
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline Rocket

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Adelaide

Would be interesting to read her insights as a person on the ground in the area.

Certainly a very sad time for those with homes being flooded out. All the best to any members in the region.

It also begs the question - Why oh why are standard brick veneer homes being on flood plains? Noticed from the news footage that the homes which had been built on stilts were generally protected from the floodwaters. Obviously district councils relaxed the building code to allow standard homes. We are now seeing the results. Bring back the Queenslander!

Rocket

Offline accim

• 6th Gear

• si Slovenia
      Slovenia

• Europe - Slovenia
    • Flickr
Looks really awful. Just watching the news, and it sure doesn't look pretty. So far 11 people have died?

Saw this video clip today:

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
Looks really awful. Just watching the news, and it sure doesn't look pretty. So far 11 people have died?

Unfortunately another 90 are missing and the floods are getting worse so death toll is likely to rise significantly  :'( :'(
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline Shambles

• Admin
  • Retyred @ Last

• england England
      Manchester, UK
    • i30 Owners Club
Huge coverage on Sky News here. Dreadful images and aweful forecasts for Brissy :(
  • Ioniq MY2018 SE Premium Hybrid in Polar White with added oomph

Offline rustynutz

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      South Gippsland
I see an i30 amongst all those piled up cars, hopefully it doesn't belong to someone on here.... :-\

Did you hear the people saying the Landcruiser driver was letting his tyres down? Me thinks he wasn't doing that, more like engaging his locking hubs so he could drive away in 4WD.... :goodjob:

Offline snowcherry

• 6th Gear
  • queenslands most feminine

• au Australia
      Gympie

• thunder wishes it could be the snow
    • My Fuelly

She was on the site yesterday afternoon so I guess she is o/k .. :goodjob:

hey guys, sorry haven't been on in a few days and must have missed this thread originally
actually popped in to say i hope the brissy guys are all ok. and their i30's!

yes i've been fine thank you.  :) Rocky is barely an hour north of me and where i go see a doctor, do some of my shopping etc. but where i am i've had no flooding at all. just rain, couple days food shortage, and no mail services. couple new roof leaks. but we are getting into the closest town and getting most things ok.

i had been planning to go down to brissy post xmas but kept delaying due to weather and road conditions. looked like it was a blessing in disguise. brissy looks like its going to be hell over next few days. i hope all the brisbane members here are going to be safe and dry.
  • SR AUTO 2.0 Petrol Hatch

Online Surferdude

• Global Moderator
  • Tyre Guru

• au Australia
      Caloundra, Queensland.
I see an i30 amongst all those piled up cars, hopefully it doesn't belong to someone on here.... :-\

Did you hear the people saying the Landcruiser driver was letting his tyres down? Me thinks he wasn't doing that, more like engaging his locking hubs so he could drive away in 4WD.... :goodjob:

Too true Russ. I almost never listen to the audio on these clips so I missed that. It was obvious to anyone with any experience he was engaging his locking hubs.
Although I have to say I'd have just got the hell out of there in 2WD if it had been me. :eek:
  • 2020 Kona formerly 2009 i30 Hatch 5sp Manual.

Offline Seoul-mate

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Sunshine Coast, Queensland

We have at least two members from Toowoomba ......"tji30" and "Sunshine" but apparently
both of their cars are white, whereas that one looks grey.
  • i30 1.6 Diesel (03/08- 09/12), MB B200 (09/12 -->)

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal