i30 Owners Club

Help/info needed on RHD 2 din radio facia

Offline neilapples

• 1st Gear

• au Australia
      Gold Coast QLD
Hi All,

Been a lurker for a while but this is my first post... I guess after this I should go update my details and intro post.

Anyway I have a 2009 Australian i30 crdi and the only thing that annoyed me was the radio and the lack of Bluetooth/gps etc. To fix this I ended up buying a double din Android operating system from China that I was told would fit. It didn't have the top tray but I was willing to loose this for a cool system.

I received the radio and hooked everything up and the unit is awesome and works really well BUT I couldn't get the facia to fit. Everything fits well except up at the top, where it doesn't line up. it looks like there is a slight angle difference and when I did some more looking around it appears that there are only LHD facia's available.

I am just wondering if any one else with a RHD car has fitted similar and used an aftermarket facia or can point me in the right direction.

I am also wondering if its not LHD/RHD but due to the differences in the non-top-storage facia's to the facias with top-storage???
  • i30

Offline Alan82ni

• 2nd Gear

• gb United Kingdom
      Newtownabbey, Northern Ireland
Hi don't know if you got this sorted or not but just fyi Chinese double din is slightly bigger than everywhere else. Chinese double din is 178x100mm (height x width) where as most others are 175x98mm (height x width) check out :link: Radio Fascia for HYUNDAI i-30 i30 Stereo Facia Panel Kit Trim Faceplate Surround | eBay
  • 2007, I30 style, 1.4 petrol, silver

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal