i30 Owners Club

Electrical Fault diesel i30 2010

KennyR · 7 · 3263

Offline KennyR

• 1st Gear

• scotland Scotland
      Glasgow
 :confused: A warning. I've had front head lights blowing too regularly which also causes dash display to flicker. I ignored it and now the injector has gone! Found out it was because of a pre existing electrical fault. Annoyingly though I've probably had this fault for the life if the car it is now out of warranty. So if you experience anything like that see the dealer before it's too late!    :rolleyes:
  • I30 diesel 2010

Offline Asterix

• V.I.P
  • i40 CRDi 100kW 2013

• dk Denmark
      Sdr. Omme - DK
Hi KennyR

:wttc:

Blown headlight bulbs are a known issue and there have been a few members mention the flickering dash display and few have had 1 or more injectors replaced. However, I don't see how those 3 errors should be related..? That would mean they have to share the same grounding cables/points, and I'm sure they don't.

What exactly was the fault on your car..?
  • i40 CRDi 100 kW 2013

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
 :welcumwagon:  :whsaid:

The blown headlight globes is fairly common and a fix is available (something to do with the earthing of the headlight assembly) It is not commonly advertised by the Dealers or Hyundai so only a small number of FD diesel owners have had the mod done. The flickering display seems much less common. Only heard in mentioned on here a hand full of times in 8 years (we have 7000+ members worldwide)

Injectors have been fairly reliable in comparison with some other brands. Usually injector issues have been traced back to poor fuel or other issues (not electrical gremlins)

Sorry to hear of your problems just the same.  :disapp:
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline elantraelite

• 5th Gear

• au Australia
      Melbourne, Victoria
I can relate to 2 of your problems.

1. Blow head lights, my diesel kept blowing head lights until I gave up on buying the whiter light globes. I went back to the OEM Philips bulbs, stock standard and they have lasted me 12 months so far!

2. I too have a slight flicker in the odo display in the top left corner, almost like an LED is dead. I've got over it and just loved with it. The display is still bright. But doesn't constantly flicker so isbt annoying.

Injectors, pretty normal for some to fail early. Unfortunately these are expensive.

I thought I had a faulty injector on my car, but got them fully tested on a Bosch testing machine, which runs through all the parameters from start, idle to wot. Tested perfect within range.
Each injector took 45 minutes to test and was a costly exercise. But after 145,000km they were still running well, so hopefully they should keep going for a lot longer

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

• 05 Hyundai Elantra Elite 5spd 2.0 Petrol, Black Sedan

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA
2. I too have a slight flicker in the odo display in the top left corner, almost like an LED is dead. I've got over it and just loved with it. The display is still bright. But doesn't constantly flicker so isbt annoying.
Loving too much maybe the cause :whistler:

Offline elantraelite

• 5th Gear

• au Australia
      Melbourne, Victoria
Damm auto correct! Should have said 'live with it' :)

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

• 05 Hyundai Elantra Elite 5spd 2.0 Petrol, Black Sedan

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal