i30 Owners Club

"Low Battery" after 10 mins

Offline pyorkie

• 1st Gear

• au Australia
      Smithton NW Tasmania
Hey anyone have timeout probs with the stereo head units ......... mine will show "low battery" after 10 mins which is bull sh*t a battery should last hours on radio or USB. I have a 2013 i30 elite ......... anyone else having this problem?

Thanks
  • 2013 i30 elite

Offline Phil №❶

• Top Gear
  • Loco, most of the time!

• au Australia
      Mos Eisley, South Australia
It was recently discussed in another topic. The radio is not the only operating device when it is on. GPS and all other radio controlled devices are also on so battery drain is higher than you think. There is a thread here somewhere.

Ah, here it is.

i30 elite media problem

post number 3
  • 2008 SX CRDi Auto White (Lila)[hr]2010 SLX CRDi Auto Red (Ruby)

Offline TheReaper

• 6th Gear
  • Mad Medic

• au Australia
      Newcastle, NSW

• Live laugh and love
Hey anyone have timeout probs with the stereo head units ......... mine will show "low battery" after 10 mins which is bull sh*t a battery should last hours on radio or USB. I have a 2013 i30 elite ......... anyone else having this problem?

Thanks
I haven't personally had the problem, but cars now a days with all the gadgets that are added into them, they aren't going to be able to be kept on like old cars. 10 mins is quite low but. Just like cell phones before they came smart, stayed charged all day, now your lucky to get 12 hours. Are you using the switch in your ignition between being off and the accessories? If you turn your car on and all the warning lights on and your dash stay on and your tachometer lights up you need to turn the key back towards you a half of a click. You probably already know this, but for the first week they had the car, I didn't know it had to settings on the ignition
  • 2013 Hyundai i30 GD Active 1.6 L, 6 Speed Automatic, Diesel

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal