i30 Owners Club

Cabin Filter

BC · 4 · 2183

Offline BC

• 3rd Gear

• au Australia
      Melbourne

• Melbourne, Australia
I recently had a 2010 CW Diesel in for an oil change at 67.5k.  They found the cabin filter dirty and suggested the filters be replaced and the ducts be cleaned and "disinfected" for the "bargain price" of $160.  I didn't accept their kind offer.
Ended up getting Ryco filters from Burson for about $40.  I could have got them cheaper on Ebay but wanted to stick with a reputable brand.
A search on the forum provided good advice on the filter removal.  The only additional info I'd add is re the clips on the side of the glove box.  I found that the edge facing the seat need to be tilted into the glove box, that tilted edge grabbed with pliers and gently pulled toward the seat and into the glove box.
The filters were filthy, it's a wonder any air got through them. They were easily changed and all put back together in a few minutes.
From now on I'll probably routinely change these every 30k.

• I30CW CrDi

Offline FatBoy

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Cygnet, Tasmania
Thanks for the tip on the glovebox removal.  Although I no longer own an i30, it is little tips like this that make the i30ownersclub.com the best car forum on the net!!

Offline Wingerdave

• 5th Gear
  • Brummie born and bred

• nl Netherlands
      Raamsdonksveer
 :whsaid:
  • 2015 i30 GO! 1.6 GDi 5d Hatch, 6MT, Phantom Black

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
 :wts: :ta: BC
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal