i30 Owners Club

Can I change my own oil?

Offline OneDayDriver

• 1st Gear

• au Australia
      Brisbane, Qld
Does this mean you are going to do the oil change/servicing yourself, rather than use the dealer service under warranty?  Is there a reason for that? I want to change oil after six months, ahead of the 12 monthly scheduled service.  Was going to get the dealer to do it in case my fiddling with the car had an effect on the warranty.  Comments?
  • 130GD4

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA
You can perform the intermittent service yourself, they're not compulsory "remember to use genuine oil filter" :)

Offline The Gonz

• Admin
  • Afghanistan Vet

• au Australia
      Adelaide

• Callsign GUNZ
Now I'm curious. If logbook scheduled servicings need to be done by qualified people by the book, how is it anyone can do extra servicings? Isn't that like saying anyone can mess with heart surgery as long as a qualified doctor still gives you an annual checkup? :confused:

Or are we really saying you can do the servicings as long as they don't find out?
  • Frugal Firty: FDSLXCRDi5spHyperSilverBodyKit+Mods & MrsG'sPDSRPrem

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA
I guess you'd have to have a certain level of competency, if you stuff up your oil change then the faults all on you :eek: :wink:

Offline xiziz

• V.I.P

• se Sweden
      Varmland, Sweden
Rather, the warranty ones are compulsory for Hy to guarantee that the engine will work for the warranty period.

If the engine does cut I guess your safe as long as they don't find any non genuine parts or oil that does not meet spec.
  • Ioniq Electric MY2019 88kw

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal