i30 Owners Club

Wing mirror motor constantly running

Offline millenialgombey

• 1st Gear
Hi everyone,

I recently had an issue with my right wing mirror motor running constantly. I came on here to find advice but couldn't see any quick, temporary fixes so I wanted to share my temporary work around solution, that doesn't involve cutting wires or anything.

There is a fuse in the driver side fuse compartment labelled MEMORY2. Taking that fuse out stopped the wing mirror motor from running constantly until I could get the car to the mechanic.

This fuse does affect other things as well. For example, I can't open/lock the car using the smart key. I have to manually open/lock the doors. That's something to keep in mind.

Just a simple, temporary work around. I hope this helps someone.

Thanks!
  • i30 4 door silver

Offline TerryT

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Sydney, NSW
@ millenialgpmbey, thank you for taking the time to post this temporary workaround.  Did it turn out to be replace the wing mirror motor and all good?
  • 2018 i30 PD SR Auto 1.6 Turbo Hatch (Sparkling Metal)

Offline druggist

• 3rd Gear

• au Australia
      Sydney

• Hyundai i30 SX CRDi 1.6 manual CW 2010 MY11
I had same problem, the motor gear in the mirror was broken. Unplugging the mirror power stopped the motor running until I replaced it. :link: mirror fold motor keeps running

Offline JacksonMSB

• 1st Gear

• au Australia
      NSW
I came looking for the same issue. My folding motor on my driver's side mirror keeps running. Unfortunately, I don't have a "Memory2" fuse. Does anyone else know what fuse the side mirrors can run off? I know the power mirror wasn't a standard option on my model. The previous (1st) owner opted for it in lieu of cruise control. Probably why there's no mention of mirrors on any of the fuses.
  • 2010 Hyundai 130 Wagon

Offline JacksonMSB

• 1st Gear

• au Australia
      NSW
The mirrors are (stupidly) not fused separately. The best solution I found was to have my mechanic pop the interior cover panel to reveal the wires and simply disconnect the folding motor. Took him five minutes. Now I'm on the hunt for a replacement mirror which looks like it'll cost me around $100 for the used part and whatever the mechanic will charge me to fit it.
  • 2010 Hyundai 130 Wagon

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal