i30 Owners Club

First tank

Offline Spot

• 1st Gear
Got my new car has 800km on the clock 780 from fill reset computer when i filled it and got 5.5l/100 on the computer very happy. I drive 140kms to work and back each day highway and some light city (Newcastle) so from a new car this is great. My partners car does only city commutes on the NSW Central Coast and she gets 6.2l/100 for hers with 12000 on the clock. When i took hers to work one trip only i got 4.9 by the computer. We love our I30's

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
It's all good spot  :goodjob: (thanks for sharing)...

Only one thing better than an i30 and that is 2 x i30's  :mrgreen:
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline ithurtydeesl

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Latrobe Valley, Victoria
Well after 11667km and 15 fills we finally cracked the 1000km for a tank. Actually did 1003.1 for 55.18 ltrs which equates to  5.50l/100km and 18.17km/l .

About 780km was short town driving with the rest being a trip to Fountain Gate and back...

Much impressed with the car and i reckon the cheap chip is doing it's bit to help, along with the 2 stroke and injector cleaner mix........ Cheers Gaz
  • SLX Diesel Auto

Offline Green Machine

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Brisbane

• Faster, coz it's a red one!
We did our first road trip on the queens birthday long weekend. Drove from Brisbane up to Gladstone, then to Rocky, back to Gladstone, before heading home.

Fuel light came on 9km south of Gympie at 1,123km.

Fuelled up at 1,125km at the Matilda servo, and put in 55.14L giving us 4.9L/100km.

very please with that. I've had 59L in it at one fill, so I think we could have easily gotten 1200km. During the drive up, I sat on all the speed limits + a little more, and at one point, did $1.40 for a few k's in an extended overtaking move. I took it a little easier on the way back, but still extremely pleased with the results.

Ordered a K&N which should arrive soon, so wondering if that may improve the economy an small increment more.

Cheers,

GM

Offline ithurtydeesl

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Latrobe Valley, Victoria
i'm hoping when we get to do a decent trip we'll improve even more, but for an auto, i'm rapt in it so far..
  • SLX Diesel Auto

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

Great feedback thanks guys  :goodjob:

Offline ithurtydeesl

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Latrobe Valley, Victoria
Well another update on fuel economy,  the car now has 20400km and having not reset the l/100km for the last 6000km we are averageing 5.6l/100, not too bad for an auto i think. Still using the 2 stroke and injector cleaner mix each tank as well..
  • SLX Diesel Auto

Offline Phil №❶

• Top Gear
  • Loco, most of the time!

• au Australia
      Mos Eisley, South Australia
When are you going to press reset to see what great figures you must be achieving now. I wish ours were that good.  :neutral:
  • 2008 SX CRDi Auto White (Lila)[hr]2010 SLX CRDi Auto Red (Ruby)

Offline constipated

• 4th Gear

• au Australia
      Sydney
Well another update on fuel economy,  the car now has 20400km and having not reset the l/100km for the last 6000km we are averageing 5.6l/100, not too bad for an auto i think. Still using the 2 stroke and injector cleaner mix each tank as well..

What's your average speed reading?
  • MY11 - SLX CRDi 6 speed manual

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

What's your average speed reading?

I guessing its about 250 words a minute... :whistler:

Offline constipated

• 4th Gear

• au Australia
      Sydney
I guessing its about 250 words a minute... :whistler:

:lol:
  • MY11 - SLX CRDi 6 speed manual

Offline Lakes

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Deep south coast, New South Wales

Thats great economy for an auto! i have not followed the thread i'm just trying to work out why your useing  2 stroke? and what do you mean by 2 stroke? like the 2 stroke oil mix? whats the principal of useing 2 stroke?
ps i know an old guy thats been driving diesels a long time & i once saw him put a vitamin C tablet into his diesel fuel tank. LOL all i could think of was it's probably got acid in the tablet.

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal