i30 Owners Club

Check engine light ''on''

Offline Lucas Gomara

• 1st Gear

• br Brazil
      Rio de Janerio

• Rio de Janeiro, Silver I30, 2.0 Petrol.
I´m a member of a Brazilian i30´s forum. There are dozens and dozens of people with brand new cars complaining about the 'check engine light ' on. Hyundai Brazil keeps saying that there is nothing to do on the new cars... and even informs us that this is because of our Gasoline (Petrol) with a mix of 25% Ethanol. What shall we do ? We have a 5 year warranty and the Car maker is uncapable to find a solution on this issue.... As per their logics it´s better for us to stop fueling here !!

Have you had the same prob?

Offline Lorian

• V.I.P

• gb United Kingdom
      Midlands

• Midlands, UK N-Line T-GDi
Do any of you have a scanguage or similar canbus device to read the fault code?

Offline Lucas Gomara

• 1st Gear

• br Brazil
      Rio de Janerio

• Rio de Janeiro, Silver I30, 2.0 Petrol.
Yes. Hyundai have already plugged in the scanguage and informed that the fault code is a failure on lambda sensor due to our fuel here. Furthermore they told us: " This car has been ''tropicalized'' and they might not be used yet to the petrol in Brazil...  and up to now they dont have any plans to change this sensor....unless a recall is placed in here (option i personally think almost impossible)...

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
Welcome Lucas.. That sounds like a real issue (25% ethanol is a real worry in regards to component corrosion) :'(
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal