i30 Owners Club

Very poor fuel economy

ryaz11 · 34 · 8594

Offline rustynutz

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      South Gippsland
Having had worked in car insurance in a previous job, I have never heard of anyone having a claim refused for over filling tyre pressures. Gauges are not scientifically calibrated as accurate like petrol pumps need to be. 36 to 38 is fine. Drop it to 34 in wet or carrying heavy loads

Carrying a heavy load would be a reason to up the tyre pressure, not reduce it.... :cool:

Welcome, by the way.... :goodjob:

Offline Shambles

• Admin
  • Retyred @ Last

• england England
      Manchester, UK
    • i30 Owners Club
...Drop it to 34 in wet or carrying heavy loads

Drop the pressure when carrying heavy loads ? :eek:
  • Ioniq MY2018 SE Premium Hybrid in Polar White with added oomph

Offline ithurtydeesl

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Latrobe Valley, Victoria
I'd run the higher pressure in the wet as well as it keeps the tread channels open allowing the water to escape, lower pressure will close them up a bit. We used to run  a higher pressure in our wets when racing bikes than we did in our slicks.....
  • SLX Diesel Auto

Offline unfamilia

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      melbourne
We are talking road cars here and stil above 32psi

I've seen some one pop a tyre from too high a load on low profile high pressure tyre. Was once but always made me wAry, Also seen tyre come off the rim from too low pressure but was stretched on the rim.

I've found cars skitish in the wet on too high a pressure, stoping it couple psi brought the road holding back on normal roads in normal driving. I do tend to run slightly higher pressure in the rear tyres when not carrying a load compared to the fronts, 38 to 40 and drop it to 36 when loaded, seems to cushion the ride in my experience.

In my other car 40 to 38 psi all the time but your talking bout a highly modified datsun

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal