i30 Owners Club

Where to find cheapest fuel diesel or petrol ?

rustbucket · 115 · 32878

Offline Thumper

• 5th Gear

• au Australia
      ACT
Just filled the tank @ $1.449 (Diesel)

This was in Canberra.

Offline EymaTeapot

• 6th Gear

• au Australia
      Canberra
Local Shell and Caltex selling ULP for 109.9 and Diesel for 144.9 before discouts today.

Offline eye30

• Global Moderator
  • HOS BOSS

• england England
      Wirral

• Wirral, UK. - 1.4 Petrol Active - Aqua Blue
In UK we had a double whammy.

The government yesterday announced:

(i) reduction in VAT (tax) from 17.5% to 15 %  thereby reducing the price of petrol/diesel by 2.5%.

But then they announced that fuel duty would be increasing (not sure but probably 2.5%)

So end result = no change in the pump price.
  • 1.4 Petrol Active I'm no expert, so please correct me if

Offline Pikapolonica

• 4th Gear

• au Australia
      Geelong, Victoria

• 2017 i30 Active 2.0lt in Fiery Red
    • Nessa Losing It...For Good
99.9 cents/litre unleaded at Shell in Laverton (VIC)...that's with the Coles fuel discount.
  • 2017 Hyundai i30 PD Active Hatchback in Fiery Red

Offline ras

• 2nd Gear
Ditto on the cheap petrol...
On the way back form Forster today petrol at Buladellah was 98c for E10 and 102 Unleaded, Diesel was 149c.

I have 2500KM's up on my car know and just passed 770KM's on 3/4 of a tank, trying to decide to risk a trip to sydney and back tomorow night without filling up!!!! (I dont keep to the under 2000rpm trick in fifth gear so i am not sure on the economy)

Anyone seen any cheap diesel between turramurra and North Sydney?

Offline rustbucket

• 3rd Gear

• au Australia
      Brisbane
Hi all,

Following advice from the forum I went looking for Caltex diesel in the area and found that Woolworths and Caltex share outlets in OZ. Now I don't know that the diesel supplied at these outlets is Vortex but with a voucher(4 cents off ) a litre cost 1.26. The cheapest I have seen it in Brisbane.

Rustbucket.

Offline Shambles

• Admin
  • Retyred @ Last

• england England
      Manchester, UK
    • i30 Owners Club
Is that the same Woolworths that has just gone bust in the UK ?
  • Ioniq MY2018 SE Premium Hybrid in Polar White with added oomph

Offline eye30

• Global Moderator
  • HOS BOSS

• england England
      Wirral

• Wirral, UK. - 1.4 Petrol Active - Aqua Blue
Is that the same Woolworths that has just gone bust in the UK ?

I was just about to post this message and the board stopped me by saying the same message had just been posted.

Very intelligent forum
  • 1.4 Petrol Active I'm no expert, so please correct me if

Offline rustbucket

• 3rd Gear

• au Australia
      Brisbane
I think Woolworths in Australia might be a separate entity and are listed on the Australian Stock Exchange. Seem to be doing OK. They offer discounts for fuel for purchases at their supermarkets through their outlets linked with Caltex.

Rbucket

Offline Lakes

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Deep south coast, New South Wales
Hi all,

Following advice from the forum I went looking for Caltex diesel in the area and found that Woolworths and Caltex share outlets in OZ. Now I don't know that the diesel supplied at these outlets is Vortex but with a voucher(4 cents off ) a litre cost 1.26. The cheapest I have seen it in Brisbane.

Rustbucket.

Rustbucket The Caltex Vortex Premium Diesel outlets all have that in large writing on the pump if you don't see it writen its not the Vortex Diesel, the two vortex outlets i have been to were not woolworths outlets it is normaly more pricy i do not notice much difference economy wise but the motor does respond to the throtle slightly better. i think the main betifet will be keeping injectors clean also might lubricate the fuel pump but don't quote me on the fuel pump, i'm guessing on that. but i know and have seen how caltex Vortex unlead keeps injection and chamber clean.

Offline GURKHA17

• 4th Gear

• au Australia
      Darwin

• Darwin,NT, Australia
Price here in BP went down a bit
Its 149.9 for diesel
122.9 for Unleaded

Offline Rubix

• 5th Gear

• au Australia
      Sydney

95.9c here for e10/or normal unleaded the same after docket.

I still can't believe my eyes when the $$$ go up SLOWER than the L.

Offline camerooney

• 5th Gear

• au Australia
      South Coast NSW

• NSW Australia
Saw it for $1.37 on the Mobil again in Bomaderry.
I'm up in Wollongong at the moment and I think the diesel is around $1.40 mark too.

Offline ozsnowman

• 5th Gear

• au Australia
      Central Victoria
bendigo has finally fallen under $1.40......................by a bees whatsit!

Offline Thumper

• 5th Gear

• au Australia
      ACT
Diesel $1.319  (With 8c a lt off) in Canberra yesterday. (4c off with voucher, bought two poweraide drinks in store, 2 for $5 special, that netted me an additional 4c a lt off fuel)

Offline Rubix

• 5th Gear

• au Australia
      Sydney

Offline Thumper

• 5th Gear

• au Australia
      ACT

Offline GURKHA17

• 4th Gear

• au Australia
      Darwin

• Darwin,NT, Australia
United Fuel
ULP(E10) 118.7
Diesel 149.7

Fuel in Darwin is too expensive, recently in the papers they had a Road train driver in it saying how  brought his own fuel stored in his train from adelaide because of the price difference. 

Offline rustbucket

• 3rd Gear

• au Australia
      Brisbane
Hi Lakes,

Got this email back from Caltex today:

Hi Douglas

Thank you for your interest in our Vortex Diesel, at this stage we are trialing this product in NSW only. Hopefully in the future it will be available in QLD, unfortunately at this stage I don't have a definite date.

Kind Regards
Caltex Customer Feedback
G.P.O.Box 3916
Sydney 2001.
Freecall:- 1800 240 398
Fax:- 02 8870 1661
Email:- CFG@Caltex.com.au

I guess we will have to wait to try it up here. Maybe BP ultimate might be the go until then.

http://www.bpfuelexperts.com.au/index.php?menuID=9&247SEM

Thanks for info.

Rbucket

Offline ozsnowman

• 5th Gear

• au Australia
      Central Victoria
hmmm interesting post in the FAQ's of the BP link "Chaz58 asks:
Hi, If using BP Ultimate Diesel, would it still be advantageous to use an additive to prevent algae and moisture accumulation in the tank and filter.
Garry Whitfield says:
The fuel is filtered at the bowser, but for algae it is a good idea to treat with a biocide every six months"

I've never heard about the biocide thing?

Offline Lakes

• V.I.P

• au Australia

so you spent $5 to save 4cents per liter? i know if your going to buy powerade anyway but if not you won't break even on that deal m8.

Offline Lakes

• V.I.P

• au Australia
Hi RustBucket, BP Ultimate would be as good or better, just have never seen it in NSW myself but saw its in WA, is there a link to retail outlets for BP Ultimate Diesel?

Ozsnowman that algae is bad new m8! i have not used any aditives should ask Hyundai

Offline Rubix

• 5th Gear

• au Australia
      Sydney

so you spent $5 to save 4cents per litre? i know if your going to buy powerade anyway but if not you won't break even on that deal m8.

That's why he resells to me for $4.99

Ozsnowman that algae is bad news m8! i have not used any additives should ask Hyundai

I've said before that I'm a cynic, but I wonder if BP owns the biocides market?

Offline Lakes

• V.I.P

• au Australia
Rubix, anything is possible m8.
thats one reason why i think it's always a good idea to fill at Service stations that have hi diesel sales specialy truck stops as word travels fast the trucks would not use diesel that is known to have algea, normaly i would expect it to be in the storage tanks, b4 it could get to your fuel tank. i knew a guy that got algea in his 4WD he had to have the tank removed and sent away for special cleaning, he was having trouble starting and his fuel filter was blocking up fast, then one day would not start at all. was an old type diesel.

Offline Thumper

• 5th Gear

• au Australia
      ACT

so you spent $5 to save 4cents per liter? i know if your going to buy powerade anyway but if not you won't break even on that deal m8.

They are normally $3.55-$4 a bottle. So two for $5, with an extra 4c a litre off, helps a bit. (And yes, wanted two, one for me, one for the other half)  :lol:

drd00d
BP North Rocks were selling diesel yesterday for 125.9.  That's the cheapest I've ever seen it in Sydney.

Offline Lakes

• V.I.P

• au Australia
$1.25.9 WOW that is cheap i know the servo you mean too.
i had to drive from Epping to near Sutherland today, in silverwater Rd the BP had unlead @ $1.01.9 & Diesel @ $1.31.9 i was thinking that's cheap then i get to Revesby and a BP had unlead E10 @ $0.96.9 & Diesel @ $1.29.9
seems diesel gradualy coming down

Offline Thumper

• 5th Gear

• au Australia
      ACT

Offline Lakes

• V.I.P

• au Australia

They are normally $3.55-$4 a bottle. So two for $5, with an extra 4c a litre off, helps a bit. (And yes, wanted two, one for me, one for the other half)  :lol:

Well can understand then, all i ever drink is water or strong capichino ( i'm fussy with capo too)

Offline EymaTeapot

• 6th Gear

• au Australia
      Canberra
Just got diesel at Woolies Gngahlin for$133.9 p/l. Cheapest I've got it yet :D

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal