i30 Owners Club

Diesel still cheap

Lakes · 41 · 11380

Offline Lakes

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Deep south coast, New South Wales
well diesel has stayed the same for the past few months, petrol was down before christmas to 90's and sometimes less. now on monday and tuesday you see E10 @ $1.10.9 then thursday and friday its $1.31.9 at some outlets others $1.19.9 but i can buy good diesel @ $1.17.9 seven days a week if i wish. this is just in Sydney how is it were you are?

Offline eye30

• Global Moderator
  • HOS BOSS

• england England
      Wirral

• Wirral, UK. - 1.4 Petrol Active - Aqua Blue
fuel prices rising slowly in UK
  • 1.4 Petrol Active I'm no expert, so please correct me if

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
Hi John,

Diesel still sitting around 1.33.9 down here unleaded all over the place from 1.18.9 to 1.29.9 in Devonport (unusual to have that much variance)
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline middy

• 3rd Gear

• au Australia
      Brisbane

• White i30 SLX CRDi, 5sp man. Brisbane, QLD
Eeek.  That diesel is expensive.  It is still hovering around $1.10 up here is Brissie.   :cool:

Offline Lakes

• V.I.P

• au Australia
Hey Middy, i read that they will only sell the 10cent sub state fuel to QLD residents, is that true?
also i saw front page of the Courier Mail and it had a whole falcon waggon inside a big hole, with words is this Queenslands biggest pot hole. did you see that?
cheers

Offline Seoul-mate

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Sunshine Coast, Queensland
Hi Lakes,

diesel on the Sunshine Coast, just north of Brisbane has been significantly
cheaper than unleaded petrol for some weeks now. Paying as little as $1.09 /L
for diesel lately.

Here's a copy of the front page of the Brisbane rag (Courier Mail) with the car stuck
in the "pothole" !!

• i30 1.6 Diesel (03/08- 09/12), MB B200 (09/12 -->)

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
Hi John,

Diesel still sitting around 1.33.9 down here unleaded all over the place from 1.18.9 to 1.29.9 in Devonport (unusual to have that much variance)

Spoke to nice young lady at Garage selling Unleaded for 1.29.9 today she says her bosses won't drop the price, they reckon Woollies are selling their unleaded below cost...
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline Lakes

• V.I.P

• au Australia
Dazz, they say it's the big oil co's, i think they sell to some at lower prices than others, would most probably be turn over, if they have large turnovers they would have more to bargain. but i'm guessing.
Seoul mate thats a great price, we are always surprised at the low prices when we go up Queensland.
cheapest Non Bio Diesel i've seen in Sydney is about $1.16.9. we can feel good about owning a diesel for time being. so thats great, i also love the Torque and the long range on one tank i can get 1,200 a tank is easy and i know 1,300 can be had driving slower. and if your very carefull and you have a scangauge\ to watch 1,400 is there. just don't push your luck as it's no fun and a bit of a gamble if you run out of diesel. but the first one to do it gets $10 from me if theytell the story about restarting the motor, i think that knowledge would be worth $10 easy.
cheers

Offline Zombie

• 2nd Gear

• 1.6 CRDi (84.6 kW) Comfort, Finland
I paid for diesel 0.839 €/liter (1.66 AUD, 0.74 GBP) today, it was super cheap. Petrol price was 1.11 €/liter. (i30's annual diesel tax is approximately 465 euros.)

Offline eye30

• Global Moderator
  • HOS BOSS

• england England
      Wirral

• Wirral, UK. - 1.4 Petrol Active - Aqua Blue
Local shell selling diesel @ 98.9p/l
unleaded @ 88.9p/l

creeping up slowly
  • 1.4 Petrol Active I'm no expert, so please correct me if

Offline Lakes

• V.I.P

• au Australia
Just 15 minutes ago i checked local Mobil is selling unlead $1.22.9 Diesel $1.16.9 this servo keeps its\ price the same all week, it was same price last week but week b4 was $1.19.9 unlead $1.17.9 diesel i'm happy and my motor runs good on there diesel too.

Offline whitbomb07

• 5th Gear

• au Australia
      Newcastle, Australia
I tell you what you don't want to be driving a petrol engine north or south of Sydney.

On the weekend went down to Wollongong and its petrol prices mimicked Newcastle, petrol around $1.30, diesel fuel low to mid $1.20's.

In the greater Sydney region petrol was cheaper, low $1.10's but diesel fuel was still cheaper in Sydney (compared to Newcastle/Wollongong) in the high $1.10's

Although last night I decided to fill up with premium diesel fuel to give the engine a clean out before my big trip to Melbourne in a fortnight. Paid $1.299 for it  :eek: :eek: :eek:

Definitely not worth continuous use, but nice to throw in every now and again.......

But it definitely seems like something is wrong with fuel prices away from Sydney.............. I can understand a few cents, but when the figures are separated by double digits, something is surely wrong............

Regards

Daniel

Offline Lakes

• V.I.P

• au Australia
I agree Daniel, but i can work it out. you see in small towns the servo's just get together and price fix. nothing anyone can do as they all work together. in sydney it's large enough not to have that happen. also some are independent. also fighting the supermarket chains. just what i think.
but Daniel i have friend that don't even look at the posted price mate :lol: i think we are all tigh in here :lol:
but what i like best about the CRDi is the range i have on one tank of fuel. i have to do a trip to Melbourne. maybe we should ask our Victorian members for tips on good servo's that have the best price's on diesel fuel. then can fill up b4 we leave and refill in melbourne eliminating the need\ to fill up in the bush were prices will be high.

Offline whitbomb07

• 5th Gear

• au Australia
      Newcastle, Australia
I agree Daniel, but i can work it out. you see in small towns the servo's just get together and price fix. nothing anyone can do as they all work together. in sydney it's large enough not to have that happen. also some are independent. also fighting the supermarket chains. just what i think.
but Daniel i have friend that don't even look at the posted price mate :lol: i think we are all tigh in here :lol:
but what i like best about the CRDi is the range i have on one tank of fuel. i have to do a trip to Melbourne. maybe we should ask our Victorian members for tips on good servo's that have the best price's on diesel fuel. then can fill up b4 we leave and refill in melbourne eliminating the need\ to fill up in the bush were prices will be high.

Lakes

I wouldn't say I'm tight, I don't watch prices like a hawk, but I also like to make sure I don't get ripped off. I just look for a good deal when the DTE is down to double digits.......

As for our trips to Melbourne I think you have a good idea there. I'll be filling up at the same servo in Merrylands with Vortex when I go down, but I am first going to Canberra and then onto Mt Hotham, (so not jsut a simple drive down the hume........) so unfortunately I might not make it to Melbourne. But I probably will top up the tank when I leave.

Regards

Daniel

Offline Lakes

• V.I.P

• au Australia
Daniel, did not know there was a Vortex Diesel outlet in Merrylands, i use the one at Gladesville also have used one at Revesby, was it on Woodville Road?
You could make it from Merrylands to Melbourne Via Canberra & Mt Hottam if you drove real easy  and watch your scangauge fuel useage as it happens. could also buy a 20Lt jerry can to put extra Vortex in. top it up with that on way down and make it easy. i'm mentally thinking maybe you would get a more straight forward trip down if you filled at Revesby but let me think best rout and i'll message you in a few days so you can work it out. but the Vortex At revesby is close to the M5.
cheers

Offline whitbomb07

• 5th Gear

• au Australia
      Newcastle, Australia
Hey Lakes

Yea it's the one on Woodville road, cnr Lackey st.

Coming from Newcastle way it is easier to get to than Revesby, less kms, but = time taken. Thanks for the suggestion though.

From what I can tell by going through each of the sites listed on the caltex website, Merrylands is also the furthest west of all the stations. Which is good for me when I go home to see the folks in the Blue Mountains.

Sunday was the first time I filled up there and the second time Jess has had a drink of Vortex, still had about a quarter tank in her when I filled it.

I'm hoping when I pass through in a fortnight to be running on vapours so as to get the tank full of vortex and not mixed with plain. I'll be renewing my post about my little trip soon as this fill up and possibly a few other things have been amended.

Regards

Daniel

Offline accim

• 6th Gear

• si Slovenia
      Slovenia

• Europe - Slovenia
    • Flickr
I paid for diesel 0.839 €/liter (1.66 AUD, 0.74 GBP) today, it was super cheap. Petrol price was 1.11 €/liter. (i30's annual diesel tax is approximately 465 euros.)

Here, in Slovenia it's 0.947 EUR/lit now and that's very cheap. It was over 1.30 EUR/lit few months ago, but it's been (due to our government regulations) at approx 0.95 EUR/lit for 2 or 3 months now.

Offline Lakes

• V.I.P

• au Australia
Just checked last night Mobile Diesel $1.15.9 unlead $1.16.9, as it's thursday this morning will be interesting to see is Unlead jumps up and Diesel stays put will check tonight and post.
what are you guys seeing?

Offline Shambles

• Admin
  • Retyred @ Last

• england England
      Manchester, UK
    • i30 Owners Club
what are you guys seeing?

I see dead people.

Also, diesel at 98.9p/L which is almost double what you have to fork out for  :'(
  • Ioniq MY2018 SE Premium Hybrid in Polar White with added oomph

Offline EpOcH

• 3rd Gear

• au Australia
      Adelaide
Prices seem so random for diesel/Petrol  :eek:

I was out driving to a familly lunch on Saturday (normal cheap day here in Adelaide is Tuesday/Wednesday)and some of the servo's for diesel were cheaper than petrol, some were dearer and it didnt matter if it was a big company , i.e. Shell/BP or the little guys.

Essentially the price ranged from $1.129 to $1.209 a litre, when i saw the $1.129 i pulled over and topped up the car :)

This is coming from someone that has allways run BP98 RON petrol in a v8, which is allways 15c+ a litre over the top of the price of standard premium unleaded, I'm just LOVING the fact ive got a diesel to drive around in which saves me on 2 fronts, Less fuel used per km and cheaper fuel to begin with.

Offline Duckman

• 3rd Gear

• au Australia
      Sydney
Diesel reacts much more slowly than petrol does, given steady demand, unlike petrol, which is always spiking and dropping.

The cheapest diesel prices are a few months behind. Remember when we had petrol prices at 90c/L? The cheaper diesel prices NOW are the residual prices from the cheaper crude oil priced months.

Offline Seoul-mate

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Sunshine Coast, Queensland
Buying diesel for as little as $1.049 AUD on the Sunshine Coast today.
Petrol is up around $1.099
  • i30 1.6 Diesel (03/08- 09/12), MB B200 (09/12 -->)

Offline Lakes

• V.I.P

• au Australia
That's Cheap! i filled up with BP diesel at a truck stop in Sydney that has large turn over of Diesel $1.16.9 i was very happy as i had driven the entire tank in Sydney traffic no motorways and did 1,000k and only got 50.90Lt in the tank to fill right up. anyone that knows what traffic is like at peak knows that would have to be about as good as you could expect.

Offline ozsnowman

• 5th Gear

• au Australia
      Central Victoria
This afternoon in Fawkner Melbourne - 114.9 diesel, 118.9 unleaded!

Offline Lakes

• V.I.P

• au Australia
mobile servo had diesel @ 115.9 unlead 116.9 for past few weeks.
tonight same servo has Diesel ' 113.9 unlead 115.9

Offline CCsPack

• 2nd Gear

• Brisbane, QLD, Australia. 2009 i30 SLX CRDi Auto.
The cheapest diesel in Brisbane was 95.9c today. :)

Offline Lakes

• V.I.P

• au Australia
that's cheap mate is that a major brand or one of the no name chains? i only post major as i don't trust the no name servo's
has price of diesel came down up there? and whats unlead selling for?
cheers

Offline CCsPack

• 2nd Gear

• Brisbane, QLD, Australia. 2009 i30 SLX CRDi Auto.
It was a Freedom & the Unleaded average is 104.1c & the average for Diesel is 105.9c for today, but cheapest in my area is 102.1c.

Offline Lakes

• V.I.P

• au Australia
that's great m8, big difference to what we are used to but thats one of the joys of driving up QLD :)
i would try to stick to diesel servo's that have a good turn over in diesel as means you get freash fuel, that algea is bad news i have kinown a few that got that but mostly older diesels.
one reason why i have started to use ChemTech diesel power aditive once in a while

Offline whitbomb07

• 5th Gear

• au Australia
      Newcastle, Australia
During my travels in Vic the cheapest I got was 113.9.

Bought some more back up here in Newcastle last night for 116.9 (then with 8cpl off, woolies)

I really hope this lasts for a while.

As for the algae I probably should but some cleaner through, but I normally run the tank dry to try and prevent fuel going off and all the other issues.

Regards

Daniel

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal