i30 Owners Club

Dead Battery

Offline alderny

• 1st Gear

• gb United Kingdom
      Bournemouth
I've had my i30 1.4 Comfort for over 3 months now, and everything had worked perfectly until a week ago. Then for no apparent reason the battery went flat. The car, which is mostly used on longish journeys, had not been used for 5 days, other than when I opened the doors after washing it. When last used everything was fine, but early one morning I went to use the car and the doors wouldn't even unlock with the remote. The battery was so flat that nothing could come on, so I called the RAC (under warranty). When the RAC man arrived he soon recharged the battery and the car started easily. As he could find no fault he recommended that I left the car with the dealers so they could check things more thoroughly. However, even the dealers could not find the cause. They tested the battery and measured the current drawn by the vehicle with everything switched off (20mA) but everything was normal. I had not left any lights on and the vehicle was locked. Has anyone ever had this problem?  :(

Offline eye30

• Global Moderator
  • HOS BOSS

• england England
      Wirral

• Wirral, UK. - 1.4 Petrol Active - Aqua Blue
No.

You said that you had washed the car so did you by chance set the internal cabin light on and as it was day light not notice it was left on?

This is a long shot - Is the boot light going off when the hatch is closed?  Under normal use, if the light is on it wouldn't drain the battery but could after 5 days.
  • 1.4 Petrol Active I'm no expert, so please correct me if

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal