Hyundai ix20 2015 Facelift Now On Sale In UK

AlanHo · 11 · 4075

Offline AlanHo

• Global Moderator
  • Geriatric Teenager

• england England
      Solihull, UK

• 2021 KIA Niro 3 1.6 Petrol Hybrid
This morning I took a look at the first ix20 facelift cars to arrive at my local dealers.

It is now available in only two trim levels named SE and Premium.(formerly Active and Style) They have dropped the Classic base model due to low demand.

Each trim level is available in 3 versions

SE Model
1.4 petrol 5 spd manual ISG             VED band D   OTR Price £13995
1.6 petrol 6 spd Auto                       VED band F    OTR price £15345
1.6 CRDi 6 spd Manual ISG               VED band C   OTR price £15745

Premium Model
1.4 petrol 5 spd manual ISG             VED band D   OTR Price £14945
1.6 petrol 6 spd Auto                       VED band F    OTR price £16295
1.6 CRDi Manual ISG                        VED band C   OTR price £16695

Above prices are for cars in Polar White
An extra £530 gets you
Metallic : Platinum silver, Ara Blue
Pearl     : Ultimate red, Pepper grey, Phantom black

All versions have the same very snazzy 16" alloy wheels.

Differences from previous Active model I noticed were :-
New grill and headlight design
ISG added to manual models (not fitted to auto)
Better radio with digital  iPod & My Music.
Electric folding mirrors + side repeater
Auto headlights
Rear parking sensors
Steering wheel audio & phone controls
Trip computer with Distance A, Distance B, Predicted Distance to empty, mpg 1, mpg 2, Avge speed, Time since reset.

The Premium model has in addition a Panorama sliding sunroof and privacy glass.

What is missing for me is Sat-nav, reversing camera, cruise control/speed limiter and DRLs

The facelift Venga is much better equipped and benefits from a 7 year warranty. The Venga 3 has all the features of the ix20 SE plus Sat-nav, reversing camera, cruise control/speed limiter,LED DRLs, heated front seats, climate control and LED rear lights for an OTR price of £1110 more than the SE ix20.

Proper brochures are not available so this assessment should be regarded as provisional. If my observations are correct I will be buying a new Venga.
  • 2021 KIA Niro3 1.6 petrol Hybrid

Offline Shambles

• Admin
  • Retyred @ Last

• england England
      Manchester, UK
    • i30 Owners Club
No DRLs?
  • Ioniq MY2018 SE Premium Hybrid in Polar White with added oomph

Offline AlanHo

• Global Moderator
  • Geriatric Teenager

• england England
      Solihull, UK

No DRLs?

Not on the SE model for sure - Not even halogen bulbs in the light cluster. I started the engine and tried every permutation of the lights. The dealer principal (a friend of mine) is miffed at the lack of cruise - even the i10 has it.

The Product brief issued to the dealers shows a list of all features for the SE and Premium versions.  DRL's, satnav, reversing camera, cruise/speed limiter, are not listed.  According to the list the only differences between the SE and premium versions is the sun roof and privacy glass - for an extra £950. Perhaps when the full brochure is released some other bells and whistles might be listed - but I aint holding my breath.
I have a panoramic sunroof on my car, which is good for making the interior so light. However, I have never had it open whilst driving (it blows my hair - both of them) and I have only used it on a rare sunny day when first getting into the car to let the hot air out. 

However - I am used to having a reversing camera, cruise and climate control - so they are must haves.

Offline AlanHo

• Global Moderator
  • Geriatric Teenager

• england England
      Solihull, UK

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA
Quite a smart looking car I reckon :goodjob2:  the SE doesn't have DRL's but the Premiums do, all models are listed as having cruise control :link: New Generation Hyundai i20 2015: Small Hatchback | Hyundai UK
There is a CRDI blue drive 1.1ltr and 1.2ltr and 1.4ltr listed in the lineup, no mention of 1.6ltr from what I can see.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2015, 18:21:46 by CraigB »

Offline wbm00

• 4th Gear

• gb United Kingdom
      West Midlands, UK
How can there be no DRLs? Aren't they a legal requirement?
  • 2014 i30 GD 1.4i 98ps 6-speed manual

Offline Shambles

• Admin
  • Retyred @ Last

• england England
      Manchester, UK
    • i30 Owners Club
Quote from: wbm00
How can there be no DRLs? Aren't they a legal requirement?

Yes they are, but only for new model cars. The ix20 isn't classed as a new model, so I believe.
  • Ioniq MY2018 SE Premium Hybrid in Polar White with added oomph

Offline AlanHo

• Global Moderator
  • Geriatric Teenager

• england England
      Solihull, UK

Craig

You have posted a link to the wrong car

The i20 is a completely new model and has a lot of bells and whistles

The ix20 is a facelift and not legally required to fit DRL's etc.

You are not comparing apples with apples.

It's easy to get confused though - slip an x into the name and it totally changes the model. In India there is an ix30 - a crossover based on the i30 platform but not sold anywhere else. The ix20 is a crossover version of the i20 - the sit up and beg model with a high seating position, loads of luggage space and intended for those who wear a flat cap, wear thick rimmed glasses, a tweed jacket and smoke a pipe.

The i20 is aimed at the younger breed who go round corners on two wheels and a door handle.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2015, 19:18:12 by AlanHo »

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA
Sorry Alan, I didn't realise they were different :( this is the model you were talking about :link: Hyundai ix20 | New 5 Door Mini MPV Car | Hyundai UK I don't like that one :disapp:

Though the new model i20 doesn't list DRL's for the SE which is still confusing if it's legal requirement :confused:

Offline AlanHo

• Global Moderator
  • Geriatric Teenager

• england England
      Solihull, UK

Brussels decreed that all new models after a certain date had to have Euro 6 engines, be fitted with TPMS and DRL's.

The facelift Kia Venga and facelift Hyundai ix20 are minor changes to an old model and do not have to comply. KIA have ignored the TPMS aspect and Hyundai the DRL's. Though why shall remain a mystery.

Offline diablo

• 5th Gear

• england England
      Blackpool

• Fylde Coast England 1.4 petrol Comfort
Brussels decreed that all new models after a certain date had to have Euro 6 engines, be fitted with TPMS and DRL's.

The facelift Kia Venga and facelift Hyundai ix20 are minor changes to an old model and do not have to comply. KIA have ignored the TPMS aspect and Hyundai the DRL's. Though why shall remain a mystery.

Ah, that explains some things I didn't know. I can see the reasoning behind the Euro 6 engines being linked to model types and maybe even the TPMS - but surely any car model could have had factory fitted DRLs from a certain date?

When they made seatbelts compulsory they didn't allow old models to continue without.

Though expecting logic from the EU is a bit optimistic I suppose. :)

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal