i30 Owners Club

Going Crazy Waiting :shock:

andy · 7 · 2085

Offline andy

• 2nd Gear

• ag Antigua and Barbuda
      Antigua
Since January i have been waiting for my car .Its the the end of august . I went to the dealer yesterday and they gave me  the bad news Korea cant fill there first order because of demand and that it should reach at the end  of september . Helpppp!!!  :roll:  :roll:

Offline EymaTeapot

• 6th Gear

• au Australia
      Canberra

Offline LuciferDarklord

• 5th Gear

• au Australia
      Bindoon, W.A.

• Bindoon, Western Australia.
Man thats a long wait.....   I dunno what model variant you ordered, but on my way to work every day there is a new car storage yard near the airport.  There is a few i30's there parked up - and have been for a while, however the numbers seem to dwindle every week.  Some dealer probably over-ordered a non-popular variant.  Seems to be a lot of elantras there and they aren't moving!

Offline donc

• 3rd Gear
you want to be very sure they don't give you a 9 month old car when it finally turns up...

Offline EymaTeapot

• 6th Gear

• au Australia
      Canberra
Hi Andy,

The problem for you is that Hyundai is a massive global company, the sixth biggest automotive producer in the world, and Antigua is a relativley small island in the Caribbean with a population of just 82,000. Unfortunatley, this would make your country a fairly low priority in Hyundai's eyes.
Australia with a population of around 20 million accounts for around just 1% of global car sales, and we cant get i30's either so I think you're are just going to have to hang in there.
Its a pity Hyundai does'nt put more enthusis on Antigua, any island that can produce such cricket legends as Curtley Ambrose and Viv Richards rates high in my book :D
Ricky Ponting is my favourite, but you cant go past watching Lara at his best.

Offline bikejockey

• 3rd Gear

• au Australia
      Canberra
I'm starting to see more i30s around these days. We now have 2 at my workplace (a silver SX CRDi has recently appeared) needless to say mine is NOT one of them.  :(

Cycling home last night there were 2 in the Defence car park I passed, a white petrol and a steel grey CRDi (gee, that's a great colour!) and a vivid blue petrol at the ANU.

My dealer has quite a few on the lot (maybe 8).
  • i30 cw SX CRDI manual, Surly LHT

Offline LuciferDarklord

• 5th Gear

• au Australia
      Bindoon, W.A.

• Bindoon, Western Australia.
The lease company just placed my order with the dealer yesterday.  They rang me and said they just shipped out their stock of manuals but they have some automatics in hand, looks like I'll have to wait for some more to come off the boat.

SLX CRDi steel grey

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal