i30 Owners Club

Talking Duck!

Offline EymaTeapot

• 6th Gear

• au Australia
      Canberra
This duck walks into a bar and orders a bacon and egg roll and a pint of beer.
The barman serves him his order and than coments, cool, a talking duck! Whats the storey?
I'm a plasterer says the duck, there is a big building project accross the road from here, guess you will be seeing a bit of me around here.
Sure enough, pretty much every day around the same time, the duck walks in and orders the same thing.
Than one day, the circus came to town and who should walk into the same bar but the circus ringmaster. He approached the bar and order a drink. The barman served him and than said to rigmaster, you know what, I might have found you a hot new act for your circus.
Curious, the ringmaster says, yeah...tell me about it.
So the barman tells him all about the talking duck. The ringmaster is impressed, so he pulls a bussiness card out of his top pocket and gives it to the barman. I have to go now he says, but you give that card to that duck of yours and tell him to give me a call.
Soon after, the duck walks into the bar and places his usual order. The barman wastes no time getting to the point and says to the duck, I might just have you a top job prospect.  He hands over the bussiness card to the duck and  explains to him that the circus has come to town. He goes on to say that he has just spoken to the ringmaster and that he was very keen to meet with you to discuss a job proposition.
A circus you say says the duck
Thats right says the barman
With performing animals says the duck
Thats the one says the barman
and clowns and acrobats
You got it says the barman
And the big cavas tent says the duck
The big tent, yep says the barman.

.What would they want with a plasterer says the duck?
 :lol:

This joke is even funnier after a few beers, try it!

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
I was going to say ... your jokes are improving Eyma (by Christmas you might post a good one...) But that would be mean and I'll leave that sort of thing to Dave... :lol:  :lol:
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline EymaTeapot

• 6th Gear

• au Australia
      Canberra
Thanks Dazz,  

A bloke at work told a group of us that joke recently. Most of the guys standing around just groaned at the punch line, but it cracked me up. We must have a similar sence of humour :lol:
Similar taste in cars too, although I am not so sure about the Tiida? :?

Offline eye30

• Global Moderator
  • HOS BOSS

• england England
      Wirral

• Wirral, UK. - 1.4 Petrol Active - Aqua Blue
I liked that 1.

I'll keep it for just after last orders, when everyones p*ssed, when I go for a pint next Saturday.
  • 1.4 Petrol Active I'm no expert, so please correct me if

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

Quote from: "EymaTeapot"
Thanks Dazz,  

although I am not so sure about the Tiida? :?

Hi Eyma, Don't judge a book by its cover... Actually looks pretty good now with Alloys, tinted windows and recently added rear spoiler.

It's actually an easier car than the i30 to drive around town with a softer ride, better seats and lighter steering. But the i30 is more sporty on the highway.

When we got the Tiida I told my friend who talked me into the i30 I was bringing the Tiida over to show him and he said "whatever" but was a bit stunned by how good it was once he drove it.

Offline EymaTeapot

• 6th Gear

• au Australia
      Canberra
I Know you are right Dazz,

I was just stirring you up! :twisted:
I have driven the Tiida and its a really nice car to drive.
I am not that keen on the styling but beaty is in the eye of the beholder.
I am sure it dresses up well with those alloys and spoiler. Is it the Hatch or sedan? you should post some pics.

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

Sorry, I took the bait hook and all...

Personally I don't like the rear styling of the hatch but think the Sedan we got is not too bad (especially with the spoiler)

Here is back with new spoiler on.

Just replaced Steel Wheels with these 15" mags for $85 each (with custom made Wheel inserts by my m8 with a laser cutter)

Pre-Spoiler Pic with Alloys and Tint only...See not so ugly...

Cheers,

Dazz

Offline EymaTeapot

• 6th Gear

• au Australia
      Canberra
Looks good Dazz.

The spoiler makes all the difference. :)

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

There are a couple of black Tiida sedans around with black and gold mags (16"or larger) + Spoiler and Tint..They look even better...But we are lucky to have two such nice cars :cry:  so I'll have to get it fixed soon and hope I don't get another for 11 months until my insurance renewal comes around again.

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal