i30 Owners Club

Electricals not working?

Offline Liamski22

• 1st Gear

• ie Ireland, Republic of
Hello everyone,
So I just bought a 2009 i30 1.4 petrol model and it's drives well and is actually very good and I'm very happy with my purchase, but I have a few problems relating electrical things. Everything on the dash is fine but the centre console isn't working, the usb and aux aren't working, the 12v plug isn't working and the interior lights aren't working. Now I'm no mechanic but to my understanding this could be fuses? I would love some help on this as I don't want to take it to the mechanic's. Also while on this topic my back right tail light works ocassionaly, if I smack it it turns back on. If you need any info on the car lmk and I will provide it
  • Hyundai i30 2009 1.4L

Online The Gonz

• Admin
  • Afghanistan Vet

• au Australia
      Adelaide

• Callsign GUNZ
Hi, Liam. That's quite a list of faults.
The easiest of the lot appears to be the the taillight, likely to be no more than a loose contact, either at the socket or adjacent wiring.
I would start looking at the rest by scanning the health of the fuses at the end of the dashboard and in the engine bay near the car battery.
Also check what voltage your alternator is producing when the engine is running and how much the battery presents when ignition is first turned on.
  • Frugal Firty: FDSLXCRDi5spHyperSilverBodyKit+Mods & MrsG'sPDSRPrem

Offline Liamski22

• 1st Gear

Yeah, I'm about to go get a fuse puller because the pliers I have are to thick to reach in and pull the fuses, and I can't do it with my hands. And if they look fine I'll check battery and alternator. Thanks for the suggestions! I shall update this post as I try things.
  • Hyundai i30 2009 1.4L

Offline Shambles

• Admin
  • Retyred @ Last

• england England
      Manchester, UK
    • i30 Owners Club
There's usually a fuse puller inside the fusebox
  • Ioniq MY2018 SE Premium Hybrid in Polar White with added oomph

Online The Gonz

• Admin
  • Afghanistan Vet

• au Australia
      Adelaide

• Callsign GUNZ
There's usually a fuse puller inside the fusebox
  • Frugal Firty: FDSLXCRDi5spHyperSilverBodyKit+Mods & MrsG'sPDSRPrem

Offline Liamski22

• 1st Gear

I realized there was a fuse puller while watching videos about it xdd.
For the power outlet and cig lighter it was a fuse, for the radio and interior lights the fuses were fine. I pulled apart the radio to check if the cables were the issue but found no issue with it, so Imm just assuming the radio is the actual problem. I'm going to try and replace the fuses anyways in case they are faulty or something because I also checked the interior bulbs and they all look fine and wiring looks fine as well. But thanks for the help guys?
  • Hyundai i30 2009 1.4L

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal