i30 Owners Club

New i30 Questions

ajd · 6 · 2984

Offline ajd

• 1st Gear

• au Australia
      Brisbane
Hi all

I took delivery of my i30 (2.0 SX - Steel Grey) last week in Brisbane, having purchased it the week before. Firstly, I have to say that the car is great - loved it when I test drove it and still love it.

However, I have a couple of concerns and I'm hoping you guys may be able to help:

1. The car was built in Oct 07 (Compliance Nov 07). This seemed strange to me as generally it seems that people have to wait for the delivery of an i30. Do you think I should be concerned or is 7 months from build to delivery acceptable/normal on a new car? Do you think being an 07 model (rather than 08) will have much of an impact on resale value? I am assuming the model hasn't changed since then - if it has, I will be very annoyed!

2. As part of the deal, I had teflon paint protection included. In hindsight I wish I hadn't, but too late now. Anyway, how can I be sure that they have actually done that? The salesman told me that the fact that water beads on it proves that it has been done, but I kinda thought water beaded on all new cars?!?

3. As several others have reported, I too only received one remote key with the car. My dealer has quoted me $750 for a new one. I almost fell off my chair! I thought maybe he meant $75 and had accidently added a 0! Anyway, I've asked him to see what he can do about a new one. Fingers crossed.

4. Another question related to the remote - does anyone know if it's a code hopping remote? If it isn't hopefully those programmable remotes from Dick Smith/Jaycar will work. I don't think I've seen anyone yet confirm that they will or won't work with an i30.

PS Great forum and looking forward to getting involved.

Many thanks for any help
Cheers
Austin

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
Hi Austin,

Firstly, welcome aboard.. Might be first petrol SX i believe.  (That might explain why the dealer held on to it so long - Diesel SLX probably most popular with Petrol SR close behind then SX diesel... not many Petrol SX, on forums anyway)

Good news is 07 and 08 exactly the same in Aus anyway. Seeing as you got an 07 the least we can do is try and help you get a second key... read all the advice/history re: this topic on this site and Hyundai Forums and then put the squeeze on your dealer for a freebie if no luck drop us a line and we'll try and help you.

Enjoy the site (we are a friendly bunch and will help you in any way we can...)

Regards,

Dazz

My car has a nice thick coat of paint but it doesnt repel dirt all that well or bead much. As you said Teflon treatment probably a waste of money but may be legit (some others will no doubt have suggestions on ways to check) Could try cooking an egg on the bonnet and see if it sticks  :D
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline ajd

• 1st Gear

• au Australia
      Brisbane
Thanks Dazz

Yeah - I thought the SX petrol was probably one of the least popular. Did the sums re the Diesel and couldn't justify the extra $2K at the moment. I test drove both and did prefer the Diesel, but still happy with my decision ;-) The other annoying thing re the "paint protection" is that I didn't receive any documentation/warranty with it. They could have grabbed a can of teflon spray from Supercheap and chucked some on for all I know (despite it being listed at $495 on our receipt). The last car I bought had a full care kit thrown in and a 5 year or so warranty, which is what I was expecting this time. Just wish I'd pulled them up before I handed over the cheque. Damn it.

Anyway, thanks for your help :-)

Offline EymaTeapot

• 6th Gear

• au Australia
      Canberra

Offline eye30

• Global Moderator
  • HOS BOSS

• england England
      Wirral

• Wirral, UK. - 1.4 Petrol Active - Aqua Blue
In UK we don't go by build date as we don't have the compliance thingy.

In UK we price cars by first registration date.
This changes every 6 month i.e. 1 Sept and 1 March each year.
e.g March 06 = 06 plate, Sept 06 = 56 plate, March 07 = 07 plate, Sept 2007 = 57 plate,  March 2008 = 08 plate, Sept 08 = 58 plate etc

It has been known for a car to have been built say 6, 12, 18 months prior to Registration date, from dates on bits and pieces on the car, but the date used to price the car will be the first registration date.

The VIN number, see posting elsewhere on site, viewtopic.php?f=6&t=68
will tell you the production year.
  • 1.4 Petrol Active I'm no expert, so please correct me if

Offline Lakes

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Deep south coast, New South Wales
Hi Austin,
it is important to check things like that before you buy, but congratulations on the new car mate, i was going to get the paint protection but Dazz told me not to said could get a set of mags instead ( thanks Dazz )
It's not just Hyundai that are expencive to buy keys from, but $750 is a bit over the top must have been a very hungry salesman! i got an sx poverty pack about one month ago with i think march 08 build date but would have to check ( time fly's ) i got two keys both remote type. but once te deal is done it's done just i would want a cheaper price as the car is 07 built. still enjoy it, great little car.

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal