hey all, long time coming here is my aftermarket CC pic hope it works

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
Sorry John,

That link doesn't seem to take us to the right spot...

Perhaps...Shambles or Tim could explain the correct way to do it better than me !

Cheers,

Dazz
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline i30Dave

• 5th Gear

• au Australia
      Adelaide

• Adelaide, South Australia - Steel Grey SR i30
    • http://www.i30ownersclub.com
Don't worry i fixed it   :D

To post a pic on forums you select the link after the  "IMG Code"
This is usually the bottom link.

Offline Lakes

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Deep south coast, New South Wales
thanks m8, i'm not much good at posting pic's, you can see the four button's on the wheel, looks like factory in a SX but i know with the SLX having one set of buttons on one side they need the cc buttons on other side to match. but apart from what it looks like the important thing is it works & i use this feature a lot , it's good for conserving fuel on long trips as can set what rev you want it at as well as speed. or you can set the speed you want and as long as no traffic you can estimate how long a trip will take at that set speed. i do it all the time right out west.

Offline 30L6805

• 2nd Gear

• vn Viet Nam
      Hanoi
CC on a manual car?? hm... that's VERY NEW to me!!! any expert care to explain how it work on a manual car?

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

Hi Again Python...

I'm no expert but when you think about it the idea of cruise is to hold a set speed. In most incidences in a car with reasonable torque you don't do a lot of gear changing when cruising at highway speeds. The diesel in particular will climb most hills in top gear at even 90kph (even more easily at say 100 or 110)

I had a 2.4 ltr Manual Nissan Bluebird SSS in 1993 with cruise and it worked brilliantly.

Rgds,

Dazz

Offline LowEmissionI30

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Canberra
Thanks for the photo Lakes, looks great.

I am interested in getting CC myself - would you be able to tell me where you got the after market kit, how much it cost and whether you think it works well?

Offline Lakes

• V.I.P

• au Australia
Quote from: "LowEmissionI30"
Thanks for the photo Lakes, looks great.

I am interested in getting CC myself - would you be able to tell me where you got the after market kit, how much it cost and whether you think it works well?

Hey Lowemissioni30, your welcome m8, well i had no idea about aftermarket CC , i just ordered the i30 diesel  and the dealer mentioned he could get cc fitted when i said that is something i would like. i did not know what yo expect till i went to pick up the car, i had to wait i think about 5 or 6 weeks. cost $750 but i think it was well worth it as i have got so much use out of it already and have only driven 5,000k, this past weekend i drove 800K and used it most of the time. on HF a guy has a pic of a very similar looking CC hyundai dealer had fitted this month.

Offline echocae

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Perth WA

Offline Lakes

• V.I.P

• au Australia
Hey echo looks great m8, very similar to what i have the buttons are fitted very neat and it suits the SX.
i was just thinking, when we start the Diesl manuel we have to push the clutch in ( pain in the butt!!) but you auto boys get it easy :D

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

Hey Lakes,

All manual Hyundais have needed to have the clutch pushed in to start them for a long time.. I like it as I never tended to leave my car in gear when I park but wife does so was not nice if I forgot to push clutch in in previous cars or check first if in gear! Now I also leave it in gear.. just in case handbrake not strong enough  :oops:

Cheers,

Dazz

Offline LowEmissionI30

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Canberra
Thank you very much for the info Lakes, I'll get onto my dealer to see if they can fit one for me  8-)

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal