i30 Owners Club

$416AUD parking fee

Offline LuciferDarklord

• 5th Gear

• au Australia
      Bindoon, W.A.

• Bindoon, Western Australia.
Anyone else have a nightmare parking fee like this?  I had to drive to the airport because my taxi was 30mins late and I didnt want to miss the chopper to the offshore rig I was going to.  It was supposed to be a four or five day job and turned into a 16 day stint (as they do).  I didnt have time to park in the long term area and wait for the shuttle bus.  Luckily my boss will reimburse me.  Missus couldnt pickup the car either as there is no-one to drive her car back...  $26/day seems a bit steep to me.

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
It costs a $1 to get out of the Devonport airport car park  :lol:

A few years back my brother parked at Sydney airport for about an hour while he waited to pick me up. When we left the airport it cost him $17.. I was astounded because at that time the wife and I could go to our favourite family restaurant for Pizza and wine for a total of about $17... :mrgreen:

Hard choice.. what will we do tonight dear.. go down to the local for Pizza and wine or.. park at the Sydney airport for an hour or so  :rolleyes: :lol:
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline Lakes

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Deep south coast, New South Wales
i think Sydney airport is more like $25 per hour or more now Dazz, long term is $5 per day  at some places near airport, but Sydney City parking leaves that for dead specially if a ranger catchs you, they have special palm devices and first off take your car's pick to take in the sign at the spot your parked at then they feed in the info then print out a ticket. sounds hard but i'll tell you something before that it was extreamly hard to find parking 7 was common to see cars or TRucks double parked. not now. if you understand the system, you don't have trouble.
Sorry to hear that Lucifer, is the Airport state owned or private?

Offline i30 Roolz

• 3rd Gear

• au Australia
      Sydney
We can all thank Macquarie W@nk for the horrendous Sydney Airport charges and the horrendously poor service you get in return...  :mad: :mad: :mad:

Offline LuciferDarklord

• 5th Gear

• au Australia
      Bindoon, W.A.

• Bindoon, Western Australia.
Its run by "Westralia Airport Corp", thieving pricks.  To top it off I parked under some trees to get some shade during the day, turned out they were pine trees... (It was still dark when I parked) - so my wiper cowling got a nice dose of pine needles and the car was covered in bird poo.  You'd think for over $400 they could have at least washed my car!

Offline i30 Roolz

• 3rd Gear

• au Australia
      Sydney
For that sort of dough, I would have expected a service (and one for the car as well)...  :lol: :lol:

Offline Duckman

• 3rd Gear

• au Australia
      Sydney
At Sydney Airport, they want to introduce an extra levy if you park your car in shade, or in closer proximity to the airport. I'd find a link, but I'm on my way out.

The media reported this a few weeks (possibly months) ago, and when I heard about it I just thought that Macquarie Wank has a monopoly over the parking, and their prices can grow exponentially. I mean, where else can you park?

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal