Front wipers

accim · 13 · 4896

Offline accim

• 6th Gear

• si Slovenia
      Slovenia

• Europe - Slovenia
    • Flickr
So my question is about front wipers. I'm wondering if any of you know which wipers are the replacement for original Hyundai wipers -> let's say Bosch or Valeo, etc.. Not that I need to replace them, but it would be good to know. Owner in Slovenia checked at the service and they told him, new Hyundai wipers cost (pair) 100 EUR! (= approx AU$ 136 = approx 87 GBP). Seems a bit expensive to me..

And one more thing. Don't know how many of you guys noticed, but the wipers in "before the face lift" models (before 2010 I guess) and the face lift models, aren't the same. At least not here.. Here's the difference:

Old ones:

New ones:

I think both are 60 cm + 45 cm.

Offline meehalych

• V.I.P
  • Aircraft technician

• ru Russian Federation
      Kolpino

• Kolpino is the capital of Russia (founded in 1722)
So as I can see the difference is in the type of fixation only.
Well last time I bought the Bosch wipers and they fit perfectly.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2011, 10:42:21 by meehalych »

Offline eye30

• Global Moderator
  • HOS BOSS

• england England
      Wirral

• Wirral, UK. - 1.4 Petrol Active - Aqua Blue
Mine, 2007 model, are the same as your.

I've not had to replace yet but when I priced up a new pair sometime ago they retailed at about £20 gbp
  • 1.4 Petrol Active I'm no expert, so please correct me if

Offline 2i30s

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      Hampton Park,Vic
both my 2009 i30's have a large and a smaller front wiper. i noticed that accims are almost both the same size.  :confused:
  • 2009 manual sx hatch and 2009 automatic sx cw. both 2.0 petrol.

Offline meehalych

• V.I.P
  • Aircraft technician

• ru Russian Federation
      Kolpino

• Kolpino is the capital of Russia (founded in 1722)
both my 2009 i30's have a large and a smaller front wiper. i noticed that accims are almost both the same size.  :confused:
They are different in length

Offline 2i30s

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      Hampton Park,Vic
They are different in length
thanks,the angle of the pic makes them look the same size.  :idea: :goodjob2:
  • 2009 manual sx hatch and 2009 automatic sx cw. both 2.0 petrol.

Offline baroudeur

• 5th Gear

• gb United Kingdom
Very similar wiper blades are now available in Costco, Tesco and Asda stores  in the U.K. for £7 each.

Offline eye30

• Global Moderator
  • HOS BOSS

• england England
      Wirral

Very similar wiper blades are now available in Costco, Tesco and Asda stores  in the U.K. for £7 each.

How are they packaged?

Would that be £21 for 3 or £7 for 1 pair?

Offline accim

• 6th Gear

• si Slovenia
      Slovenia

• Europe - Slovenia
    • Flickr
The wipers are quite different. Today I was checking them once more. The ones on the "new" i30 are much more like the "ordinary ones". Below the upper "plastic/rubber" they look like ordinary ones. I'll pic them tomorrow. Beside that, they also have different adapter -> the new ones have "ordinary adapters".

Offline steinrk

• 2nd Gear

• no Norway

• 1.6CRDi U2/6Spd
The wipers are quite different. Today I was checking them once more. The ones on the "new" i30 are much more like the "ordinary ones". Below the upper "plastic/rubber" they look like ordinary ones. I'll pic them tomorrow. Beside that, they also have different adapter -> the new ones have "ordinary adapters".

Was going to change my front wipers on my face lift model today and discovered that even the Hyundai dealer was not aware of this  :scared:. Accordingly to their computer system there is no difference on the "old" i30 and the face lift i30. They promissed to send info back to head office and get hold of the correct type early next week.
Looks like I'm the first one with a face lift i30 to change wipers in this country  :rolleyes:

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net

Was going to change my front wipers on my face lift model today and discovered that even the Hyundai dealer was not aware of this  :scared:. Accordingly to their computer system there is no difference on the "old" i30 and the face lift i30. They promissed to send info back to head office and get hold of the correct type early next week.
Looks like I'm the first one with a face lift i30 to change wipers in this country  :rolleyes:

They need to keep a closer eye on this site... :whistler: :happydance:
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline sootytorques

• 3rd Gear

• gb United Kingdom
My car has the wipers as per last picture, dealer in uk wants £48 inc vat for the drivers side, im sure there the same size as used by the toyota avensis & lexus is, be interesting to see what they charge.

Offline eye30

• Global Moderator
  • HOS BOSS

• england England
      Wirral

dealer in uk wants £48 inc vat for the drivers side,

Robbin batman

See reply #2 as I was quoted £20.00

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal