Guest · 16 · 12763

Offline rustynutz

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      South Gippsland
Has anyone used Wesfil Filters?

They have a full range of filters for the i30...... :goodjob:

Here's a link to the company: http://www.wesfil.com.au/page/about_us

For those that are interested, here are the part numbers for the 1.6 CRDi.......

AIR              OIL           FUEL          CABIN
WA5098       WC0115     WCF126     WACF0116

The above Filters are available from HERE at a bargain price.....
For example, you can purchase all four filters for under $100, including shipping.... :Shocked:

« Last Edit: October 27, 2011, 15:04:09 by rustynutz »

Offline Phil №❶

• Top Gear
  • Loco, most of the time!

• au Australia
      Mos Eisley, South Australia
Cool, thanks for that. I reckon I'll supply these and my oil, as required to my dealer.  :whistler:
  • 2008 SX CRDi Auto White (Lila)[hr]2010 SLX CRDi Auto Red (Ruby)

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
Thanks Russ .. Much feedback on the web about their quality?.. :undecided:
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline rustynutz

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      South Gippsland
Thanks Russ .. Much feedback on the web about their quality?.. :undecided:

I've had a bit of a look but haven't come across any negative stuff so far...  :undecided:

Offline Lakes

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Deep south coast, New South Wales
thanks rusty, all i would worry about is my warranty.
ask the filter supplier if they will garantee if i have a problem due to poor quality, if they will confirm they will cover it & pay all costs to fix.
if not i'll keep uiseing Hyundai filters like an insurance policy.

just  saw head office in Sydney.

Offline 2i30s

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      Hampton Park,Vic
 :whsaid: :idea:
  • 2009 manual sx hatch and 2009 automatic sx cw. both 2.0 petrol.

Offline rustynutz

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      South Gippsland
You'll find their warranty statement by clicking on the link in my original post...... :winker:

If that's too hard, read below.... :p

Warranty Statement
This is a voluntary statement of the warranty policy practiced by Wesfil Australia Pty Ltd.  It does not exclude any statutory warranties.

Wesfil Australia Pty Ltd warrants any Wesfil/Cooper/Nippon Max/Crosland branded product to be free from defects in material and workmanship.

This warranty is subject to the installation of the product in accordance with the approved instructions and to the product being used and regularly changed in accordance with the vehicle manufacturer’s recommendations.

The Wesfil/Cooper warranty includes the replacement of any Wesfil/Cooper/Nippon Max/Crosland product found to be defective. Should any engine or equipment be damaged as a result of the use of a proven defective product, Wesfil Australia Pty Ltd will pay to restore the engine or equipment to a condition equivalent to the state of the engine or equipment immediately prior to the damage. Consequential damage claims will not be covered by this Warranty.

A condition of this warranty is the prompt notification of details of any claim and submission of the product for inspection by Wesfil Australia Pty Ltd or its agents.

This warranty covers product fitted to vehicles in original condition. Wesfil Australia Pty Ltd does not warrant product fitted to any vehicle that has been changed or modified from original specification.

This warranty does not cover any product that has been subject to misuse, neglect, negligence, accident or any other external factor outside the control of Wesfil Australia Pty Ltd or that has been improperly maintained, operated or installed.

Offline rumcajs

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Addy, SA
I've ordered some of those (I normally get other filters from them for my fourby) and I'll be doing a service on the i30 in couple of weeks so I'll try to report the results.
Cheers 
  • i30 SX MY11

Offline beerman

• V.I.P

• au Australia
These are what I used last service:
http://www.sydneyfilters.com.au/hyundai-i30-turbo-diesel-air-oil-fuel-filter-kit-2008-2009-2010-2011-2012/

For those who like genuine http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/HYUNDAI-i30-1-6-DIESEL-FUEL-FILTER-BNIB-/220982938157?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item33739c0a2d

The Internet (and this forum) is your friend.

Recently got a genuine hub assembly off Ebay form a dealer in Melbourne the wife's Falcon for $40 less than my mechanic's cheapest non genuine option. He is still shaking his head at how cheap it was.
  • A woman drove me to drink and I didn't even have the decency to thank her..

Offline rustynutz

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      South Gippsland

Offline Just Rick

• V.I.P
  • Big Dogs Rule

• au Australia
      Beverley Western Australia

• miracles can happen
interesting warranty,so if you have changed your factory wheels to mags,this actually wipes your filter warranty,as this warranty clearly states ANY modifications from ORIGINAL condition,also I would be checking with Hyundai if these are accepted filters,I know Hyundai don't accept some filters as compliant for their vehicles,when truth be known, a lot of the filters these days are like electricals, their make in the same factories under contract.
  • 2011 SLX CRDI 6 Spd, 2010 Holden Cruze CD Diesel and 2001 Hyundai Accent Coupe

Offline beerman

• V.I.P

• au Australia
Links aren't working for me... :undecided:

If I click on them they don't work, but if I cut and paste them they do....weird. I must have stuffed it up somehow.

On the other issue, Hyundai would need to prove that the filter was the cause of any warranty claim to knock you back, they can't just have a list of filters they don't like. Otherwise the ACCC will smash them.

Offline Shambles

• Admin
  • Retyred @ Last

• england England
      Manchester, UK
    • i30 Owners Club
Links aren't working for me... :undecided:

Links fixed ;)

(The (ftp) button had been used instead of the (http) button :))

• Ioniq MY2018 SE Premium Hybrid in Polar White with added oomph

Offline beerman

• V.I.P

• au Australia
Due to a drying up of genuine supplies at reasonable prices on Ebay, I ordered some of these bad boys today.

$19.60 for a diesel filter, 9.15 for an oil filter, and 13.10 for an air filter seems incredibly reasonable...... With postage under $60 for the major service.

Of course I got a couple of extras to minamise postage ($2 more postage for 3 more oil filters and a diesel filter seemed far more reasonable).

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
@ Beerman  :victory:
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline jsp1978

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Sydney, NSW
I believe that using aftermarket filters will not void warranty. If you have your car serviced by an independent workshop, they will probably use aftermarket filters and provided all parts meet OE specs, warranty will be ok. Personally, I only use genuine or Ryco filters, but thats just my preference. I think if my car is under warranty, i'd use genuine parts to avoid any possible warranty arguments.

• 2014 I30 Trophy CRDI

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal