i30 Owners Club

2012 i30 Sat Nav Not Working

jobski · 76 · 41041

Offline Phil №❶

• Top Gear
  • Loco, most of the time!

• au Australia
      Mos Eisley, South Australia
I have my sat-nav on all the time - to get the speed camera warnings.

I should think so.  :exclaim: :snigger:
  • 2008 SX CRDi Auto White (Lila)[hr]2010 SLX CRDi Auto Red (Ruby)

Offline joesama

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Melbourne
Looks like 2 year old map? :confused:

3rd Quarter

Well what I can confirm is that I have called up several different Hyundai dealers in Vic and they all confirmed its the latest one.
The software for the entire unit was released some time July. So it does makes sense.
It probably got released in July, and by the time it gets tested and approved for shipment, Aug to early Sept.
So there you go.

joe.....
  • Merc E200, Merc C250 CGI Avantgard, Hyundai i30 Elite Hatch

Offline Phil №❶

• Top Gear
  • Loco, most of the time!

• au Australia
      Mos Eisley, South Australia
The date shown on the unit is not all that important, as it could be the originating date that the maps are constructed from. I'm sure the dealer would apply the current update for your maps, given the your unit has required this much attention.
  • 2008 SX CRDi Auto White (Lila)[hr]2010 SLX CRDi Auto Red (Ruby)

Offline joesama

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Melbourne
I guess this will be the last update for this issue.
My GPS unit has been flawless.. There hasnt been any issues any more since last update.

joe....
  • Merc E200, Merc C250 CGI Avantgard, Hyundai i30 Elite Hatch

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
I guess this will be the last update for this issue.
My GPS unit has been flawless.. There hasnt been any issues any more since last update.

joe....

:brilliant:
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline bernardeli

• 1st Gear

• au Australia
      Bowen Hills
Hi everyone!

I've been experiencing some similar issues on the last couple of days. I drove to the beach for the holidays period. On the way, I decided to add a new point to the navigation, like A -> B -> C. The GPS simply got lost. I thought it was because the road was between mountains. Used the iPhone for a while until I could get to some higher place. No deal at all.

The last 4 days it tells my current location is 150km from my real current location. I was in the sunshine coast, QLD, and thought the signal over there wasn't too good... I was wrong. I'm back today to Brisbane and nothing seems to get my current location correctly. It is still ~150km away from here.

When driving, it shows perfectly when I'm turning, or even when moving... but it can't really get right where I am.

I tried a reset to default settings, reset the whole unit on the reset pin, reinstalling the maps with an USB sticker which came when I bought the car, and none of these options have worked to me. Very frustrating.

Have anyone seen this issue before? Something else I should try? Where is the GPS exactly located?

I might give a call to the dealer tomorrow morning, but don't wait to get it fixed during the holidays season. And end of January is the first service (1 year).

well, hopefully will find a solution quickly. Hope you guys have an awesome new year.
  • i30 Elite 1.8 2012

Offline Asterix

• V.I.P
  • i40 CRDi 100kW 2013

• dk Denmark
      Sdr. Omme - DK
Hi bernardeli

:wttc:

Try to remove the + and - terminals from the battery for 30 min.

That might be enough to reset the unit.
  • i40 CRDi 100 kW 2013

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

:whsaid: Truly an odd fault and one i haven't heard before!

Offline bernardeli

• 1st Gear

• au Australia
      Bowen Hills
Thanks for the reply guys.

Before removing the + and - from the terminals, should I worry about warranty at all? I say that because I'm far from being an expert with cars.

I will give a call to the dealer later today when I have a free time, and do hope all goes well.

Keep you all informed, and thanks once again.
  • i30 Elite 1.8 2012

Offline Asterix

• V.I.P
  • i40 CRDi 100kW 2013

• dk Denmark
      Sdr. Omme - DK
No need to worry about the warranty.

Make sure you remove the - first and when mounting the terminals again, then start with the +
  • i40 CRDi 100 kW 2013

Offline bernardeli

• 1st Gear

• au Australia
      Bowen Hills
So.. I've booked in my car to be serviced (first year) for tomorrow morning and to look at the gps issue.

I haven't tried to disconnect the battery. I'm not really familiar with it, and decided not to f**k it up. Every time I try something like which is not on my skills, something goes wrong.  :rofl:

The good news comes now. I had to go out today, switched the car on and as always, looked at the gps position, it was wrong. So I switched the screen off and started driving... I was about to cross a traffic camera, and suddenly the beeps came from the speakers.. switched on the screen and surprise!!! It decided by itself to come back to life!!!

That said, my GPS is now working... not even God knows what happened I reckon.  :Shocked:

Anyway, still taking the car tomorrow to be serviced and will tell then about the issue and ask if they already heard a similar issue.
  • i30 Elite 1.8 2012

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

So you are not a Handyman then..  :whistler:

Good to see it came right!  :victory:

Offline Asterix

• V.I.P
  • i40 CRDi 100kW 2013

• dk Denmark
      Sdr. Omme - DK

I haven't tried to disconnect the battery. I'm not really familiar with it, and decided not to f**k it up. Every time I try something like which is not on my skills, something goes wrong.  :rofl:

It's a very good personal capacity to now when to stop.  :goodjob2:
  • i40 CRDi 100 kW 2013

Offline bernardeli

• 1st Gear

• au Australia
      Bowen Hills
Yes Asterix, sounds to be a good skill stop when need to. :D

Good news -- I took my i30 to be serviced last day of 2013, they updated the software and so.. all good until yesterday.

And here comes the bad news. I now have the same problem described on the very first post of this thread. Surprisingly, my unit doesn't allow me to go through the accept button, and shows Thread error every so often. I had completely forgot to call the dealer yesterday and only remembered today when came down to the garage.

I'm hoping for a unit replacement and do not have any further problems after that.

Time to wait for the next chapter.
  • i30 Elite 1.8 2012

Offline bernardeli

• 1st Gear

• au Australia
      Bowen Hills
Just came back to post my outcome with this issue.

Apparently after a software update, they say, it's working again. I hope it was my last issue ever with the GPS unit.  :Shocked: :)
  • i30 Elite 1.8 2012

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal