i30 Owners Club

Caltex Diesel and Vortex Diesel

Offline THE i30

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Rockhampton Queensland Australia
Hi I was just wondering if any one knows what the difference is between normal diesel and the Vortex diesel that caltex sells (besides the price LOL). Is the Vortex better for your engine or give better fuel consumption.
  • 2012 Hyper Silver i30 Elite 1.6 CRDi 6 Speed Manual

Offline Phil №❶

• Top Gear
  • Loco, most of the time!

• au Australia
      Mos Eisley, South Australia
Someone reported that it doesn't foam as much when filling, but that's all I can tell you.  :neutral:
  • 2008 SX CRDi Auto White (Lila)[hr]2010 SLX CRDi Auto Red (Ruby)

Offline rustynutz

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      South Gippsland
I've used it a couple of times....

The first time I didn't notice any difference but the last time I used it I was on my recent road trip and I travelled 1170 k's on a tankful and the fuel warning light hadn't even come on...
Whether that was a result of using Vortex, I couldn't say....

Here's what Caltex have to say about it anyhow: http://www.caltex.com.au/PRODUCTSANDSERVICES/Pages/ProductDescription.aspx?ID=1786

Offline beerman

• V.I.P

• au Australia
I use it, but there is no difference in price here.

As I use it most of the time I can't really say if there is a difference.
  • A woman drove me to drink and I didn't even have the decency to thank her..

Offline Mel

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Western Sydney

• 2010 I30 CW SLX CRDI Auto
I use the Vortex diesel all the time and the main reason is it doesn't have as much of a diesel smell about it.  It also doesn't foam up as much and is generally only 2c a litre dearer that the ordinary diesel. I average 6l per 100km on the vortex diesel with a mix of heavy city traffic to free-way driving. Perhaps its mind over matter but I used to run my petrol car on a premium fuel and I feel better doing the same with the diesel motor. A friend, that worked in a fuel testing lab, told me years ago to put the best fuel I can afford in my car and only a brand name fuel. I have stuck to this over the last 16 years and haven't had a problem with fuel except for one issue with water in the diesel in a town that had been in flood 6 weeks before.  :goodjob2:
  • 2010 CW SLX CRDI auto

Offline THE i30

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Rockhampton Queensland Australia
Thanks for the info I think I will continue using it, as it sounds like it will be better for the engine, clean injectors means better fuel economy and better performance, the low foaming and odour is a bonous also  :)
  • 2012 Hyper Silver i30 Elite 1.6 CRDi 6 Speed Manual

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal