i30 Owners Club

Issue with Sat Nav

Bushy · 8 · 2858

Offline Bushy

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Mordialloc, Victoria

• 2013 i30 Elite Tourer CRDI Auto "Cool Red"
I used the sat nav on Saturday after picking up my new i30 to help navigate around the centre of the Mornington Peninsula, and all was well.   Was intuitive to use, and never seemed to lag while driving at highway speeds.

However tried it again the day before yesterday and found that when you push the maps button, it goes to the Agree page which is normal (but annoying a bit to do that everytime), but pressing the Agree button does nothing.  Just stays on the Agree screen.  If I go back to the radio, and then go back to maps, the screen is blank.  Need to switch the unit off before I can get back into maps, and then is freezes again at the Agree page.

I notice that one person has done a post on this, but there doesn't seem to be a final answer.  Have spoken to my dealer, they they think that a software upgrade will fix the issue.  However waiting to hear back from them for a final answer.

Has anyone seen this and fixed the issue?    Haven't even had the car for a week yet, and have an issue.  But if it get fixed quickly then I will be happy.
  • 2013 i30 Tourer Elite CRDI 1.6L D Auto Red

Offline bumpkin

• V.I.P
  • Keeping it in the family!

• scotland Scotland
      Aberdeen
Can't see what difference a software update would make, is your dealer suggesting you corrupted it by using it?

All of the owner I know who have had the frozen agree screen have ended up with replacement media units under warranty (this has been a prevalent issue on the i40)
  • Kia Sportage 3, 1.7 CRDi EcoDynamics

Offline Bushy

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Mordialloc, Victoria

I am not sure either, however they want me to bring the car in the week after next so they can do a software upgrade which they assure me will rectify the issue.  they are not suggesting that I have corrupted it, and will get very annoyed if they make that suggestion.  I have searched the Internet on this, and remain skeptical that this will fix the issue.   On Whirlpool someone seems to have had it rectified this way, so fingers crossed.  Otherwise I will be pushing to have the media unit replaced under warranty.  Certainly not fit for purpose at the moment.

Offline Bushy

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Mordialloc, Victoria

Finally got the car to the dealer to fix the sat nav issue.  Combined it with the 1500km service.  They did a software upgrade on the system, and it certainly now works.  According to the service paper work, they "carried out TSB SE04413 and sat nav software upgrade".  No idea what a TSB SE 04413 is.

Main thing is that it works.  No issue at all getting it fixed at no cost.

Offline TheReaper

• 6th Gear
  • Mad Medic

• au Australia
      Newcastle, NSW

• Live laugh and love
That's good news  :goodjob2: :goodjob:
  • 2013 Hyundai i30 GD Active 1.6 L, 6 Speed Automatic, Diesel

Offline VaerO

• 4th Gear

• au Australia
      Wagga Wagga, NSW

• WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR?
    • TUMBLR
This happens with my unit as well, I figure it's not frozen just loading. If I start the car and jump right into the Nav/Maps it does this, but if I let the unit load for a minute or two it loads straight away. If it's frozen I switch over to media then back to maps it works fine.

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
No idea what a TSB SE 04413 is.

TSB = Technical Service Bulletin (from Hyundai to the dealer)
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline Bushy

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Mordialloc, Victoria

Thanks Dazzler for information on what a TSB is.   Obviously it is a known issue now.

VaerO my sat nav never loaded beyond the Agree screen regardless of when I did it or what I did like going to media.  Worked the first day I had the car, but not after that.  So doesn't sound like the same issue.

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal