i30 Owners Club

The new pension age...... from that wonderful Mr Cameron :-(

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
I am 57 and a half and have been on a super pension for a couple of years, supplemented by part time work. Going to put a bit more into super over the next couple of months and live solely off super going forward. I guess we are self funded retirees. Like I said before.. we are some of the lucky ones..
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline asathorny

• V.I.P
  • Wonky Donkey

• england England
      Manchester City centre

• Curmudgeon
I am in a difficult position on this issue!

I can fully understand the Government's position on this due to the aging population. The previous Governments had already started the process of raising the age from 65, as have many other countries around the world.

On the flip side had I not had a helping hand from my late Mother, I would have had to keep working (and rely on a pension)  :sweating: My super got depleted by a couple of failed relationships.

So I am one of the lucky ones!  :undecided:

You're right Dazz, t's a dreadful nettle that someone has to grasp old of... 

It angers me, and I am sure it is similar in Ozz, that migrants illegal and otherwise just make their way across the English channal almost helped by the French, whom I s'pose are glad to be rid of them, and instantly become benificiaries of our social care system often getting priority.   The amount of money wasted on people who have made absolutly no contribution whatsoever to our excellent social care provision is mind boggling.  Women arrive, and not always from third world countries eight and a half month pregnant and get full maternity care which I might add is some of the best in the World which they are supposed to pay for in full or in part, but then they just get on a plane home again and bobs yer uncle.   
They tell me now that my pension is a 'BENIFIT' no it bloody well is not.   I paid my national insurance ALL MY ADULT LIFE ergo it's insurance which I am now entitled to claim on month by month, isn't it.   The politicians will so no, untill they want my vote, then of course they'll say yes.   
I just want to SCREAM  AAAAAAAAAAAAaaaaaaaaaaaaggggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhh

Offline Just Rick

• V.I.P
  • Big Dogs Rule

• au Australia
      Beverley Western Australia

• miracles can happen
I'll probably work until they put me in a box,or bury me in the garden,or chop me up for dog tucker,I couldn't give a rats what happens when I'm dead,but I would like the choice of what age I retired,not being told my some numb nuts who wouldn't know what an honest days work was.
  • 2011 SLX CRDI 6 Spd, 2010 Holden Cruze CD Diesel and 2001 Hyundai Accent Coupe

Online eye30

• Global Moderator
  • HOS BOSS

• england England
      Wirral

• Wirral, UK. - 1.4 Petrol Active - Aqua Blue
Current data also suggests that one third of people born today will live to be 100!!  We are living longer, why shouldn't we work longer. 

Pigeons please welcome the cats to your house.

Research also shows that 100% of people in the world who were born in 1958 and are still alive are either 55 or 56 years old.

:lol:

Not unless your birthday was 29 feb 1958
  • 1.4 Petrol Active I'm no expert, so please correct me if

Offline AlanHo

• Global Moderator
  • Geriatric Teenager

• england England
      Solihull, UK

• 2021 KIA Niro 3 1.6 Petrol Hybrid
But are we gonna live longer?   :confused:

We're all gorging ourselves on junk food, we're becoming a nation of obese people as a result, we're ingesting more and more chemicals....cancer rates are on the up and up, you do have to wonder....  :undecided:

That is up to the individual - I choose not to eat junk food, my weight today is the same as when I was in my 20's, I avoid processed food plumped up with chemicals and I exercise. I have little sympathy with those that take to opposite course.
  • 2021 KIA Niro3 1.6 petrol Hybrid

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net

We're all gorging ourselves on junk food, we're becoming a nation of obese people as a result, we're ingesting more and more chemicals....cancer rates are on the up and up, you do have to wonder....  :undecided:

That is up to the individual - I choose not to eat junk food, my weight today is the same as when I was in my 20's, I avoid processed food plumped up with chemicals and I exercise. I have little sympathy with those that take to opposite course.

:TutTut: :rofl: :rofl:

Actually I take that back! My weight is similar to when I was in my 20's (I was "solid" then too!)  :D
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline Doggie 1

• V.I.P
  • Doggie Connoisseur

• au Australia
      Perth

• 2019 PD2 Go Petrol, Manual. 30,000 kms.
My weight is a factor of my what it was in my twenties.
  • Tertius the i30

Offline beerman

• V.I.P

• au Australia
Don't have time to comment too much but this article is quite good at summing up my thoughts...

A quote of interest....
In 1910, around 34 percent of those over 65 were receiving the old-aged pension. The average life expectancy of an Australian was only 55.2 years for men and 55.8 years for women, which meant that not many people lived long enough to receive the pension. Today, the average life expectancy of Australian men is 77.6 years and 83.5 years for women. Since more Australians are living beyond 65 years of age, unprecedented numbers are becoming eligible for the aged pension. In 2004 the number of aged pensioners reached 72 percent.”

Dear Under-50 Investor « ROGER MONTGOMERY
  • A woman drove me to drink and I didn't even have the decency to thank her..

Offline rustynutz

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      South Gippsland

All well and good for those that can afford to avoid processed food and drink.....  :undecided:

Speaking of drink, aren't you a bit partial to a glass or two of wine, Alan? Me thinks wine is processed...  :whistler:

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal