i30 Owners Club

Melbourne Arrests

Offline rustynutz

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      South Gippsland
If it is introduced, it will not result in a few less innocent people being killed. It will result in more of the mayhem and lack of control that was demonstrated in Victoria the other day that we don't (as yet) get here in W.A.   ;)

Of course there is no mayhem when it comes to police pursuits in WA, Dave...

http://www.perthnow.com.au/news/western-australia/man-22-fights-for-his-life-after-police-chase-ends-in-horror-crash/news-story/2cf1775c2e3713c800f278686217b996

:link: Two dead as car hits tree after aborted police chase - The West Australian

Offline Doggie 1

• V.I.P
  • Doggie Connoisseur

• au Australia
      Perth

• 2019 PD2 Go Petrol, Manual. 30,000 kms.
Interesting that one of those you have provided links for was an aborted pursuit, Rusty that wasn't being chased by police when it crashed but had been chased earlier.
Evidence, surely, that these offenders drive recklessly whether or not they are being pursued by police or not, wouldn't you agree?
Also of interest, and backing up what I have said, is this:
The headlights on the Holden were turned off as it drove on to the wrong side of the road, causing police to call off the chase.
Exactly what I have been saying. They know the loopholes and will always exploit them. They turn off their lights and drive on the wrong side of the road because they know that police pursuit policy states that police must abort the pursuit if either of these things happen.
Therefore, abolish pursuits altogether and that situation will be fully exploited by offenders, believe me, as I have said previously.
This just supports my argument, Rusty.  ;)

• Tertius the i30

Offline Lakes

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Deep south coast, New South Wales
Apparently Victoria has a "no chase" policy so no attempt was made to stop these idiots.
The car was followed by helicopter which in my mind places many more people at risk over a longer period of time.
I just do not agree with it.
It went for two and a half hours which is absolutely ridiculous and goes to show that these brain dead people still drive like this whether or not they have a police car behind them.
It ended when they crashed into another car and ran off and both were arrested at gunpoint.
Had they been chased by professional police pursuit drivers in police cars it would have been brought to a close much, much sooner.
Two and a half hours of danger is just plain stupid IMO.
And before the argument comes back that no one was injured, that was just pure luck on this occasion.

:link: Police chase from Wangaratta to Melbourne ends in pair's arrest

They should have phoned the Victorian minister for Police, get him to chase them , i read in paper last week he was caught speeding.

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline Doggie 1

• V.I.P
  • Doggie Connoisseur

• au Australia
      Perth

• 2019 PD2 Go Petrol, Manual. 30,000 kms.

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal