i30 Owners Club

4th year service of my i30 diesel

Offline RichiJun

• 2nd Gear

• se Sweden
      Stockholm
Dear All,

My car is completing 4 years next month, so have some questions related to servicing.

1. Is it required to have 4th year service?
2. If yes, then is it big service? The reason I asked, because authorized dealer are quoting very high price for service. Are they justified?
3. What should be included in the 4th year service?

Thanks very much.

/Richi
  • Hyndai i30 Premium, Diesel

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
Hi Richi,

This is a world wide forum so service requirements vary in different locations and between models/engine types. What mileage are you up to?

If (for example) you are approaching 90,000 kilometres in a petrol version it might include the cost of a new timing belt.
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline RichiJun

• 2nd Gear

• se Sweden
      Stockholm
I am located in Sweden and its diesel, I have only used 50000 km but I heard if I don't do service then the warranty will be impacted which is 5 years.

Offline RichiJun

• 2nd Gear

• se Sweden
      Stockholm
BTW I forgot to thank you for your answer and helping me out here.

Offline eye30

• Global Moderator
  • HOS BOSS

• england England
      Wirral

• Wirral, UK. - 1.4 Petrol Active - Aqua Blue
Check the service book as it will show service intervals.

As an example in UK:

From first registration service every 24 months or 20,000 miles whichever comes first - major service.

However, if you do less than 10,000 miles in the first 12 months then minor service.

Then at year 2 major service regardless of mileage

But need to be aware of the 20,000 miles cut off within the next 12 month period.

Then as above again.

Service booklet details service requirements and if you don't have one ask for one from the dealer as it records service dates etc.
  • 1.4 Petrol Active I'm no expert, so please correct me if

Offline Asterix

• V.I.P
  • i40 CRDi 100kW 2013

• dk Denmark
      Sdr. Omme - DK
You will need to have the service done to maintain the warranty, however it doesn't have to be a Hyundai dealer performing the service. If you have an independent, Mekonomen or whatever, just be sure they do the service according to Hyundai's requirements and schedule.
  • i40 CRDi 100 kW 2013

Offline martyni30

• 2nd Gear

• gb United Kingdom
      Somerset
My car had its 40,000 mile service in December which was done at my local dealership and it cost me £250 which is not to bad as when I had a Vauxhall they were charging nearly £90 an hour,
  • 2011 i30 1.6crdi tourer

Offline eye30

• Global Moderator
  • HOS BOSS

• england England
      Wirral

• Wirral, UK. - 1.4 Petrol Active - Aqua Blue
Just  quoted £235 +£35 mot for 4 year service
1.4 petrol
  • 1.4 Petrol Active I'm no expert, so please correct me if

Offline RichiJun

• 2nd Gear

• se Sweden
      Stockholm
ok thanks alot for your answers, I try my luck with "non-authorized" so they also fits in with Hyundai warranty requirement and also cheaper.

But can we know what will be done in 4th year service (parts changes or oil change etc) for my i30 diesel?

/Richi

Offline martyni30

• 2nd Gear

• gb United Kingdom
      Somerset
On my 40,000 mile service they replaced Oil and oil filter,Air Filter,Fuel Filter,Engine coolant,Brake fluid,Clutch fluid.
They inspect the Turbo/Intercooler hoses,vacuum hoses,check the gearbox oil,front and rear wheel bearings,front and rear brakes and discs,parking brake,fuel system tank and lines,driveshafts and boots,check the Air Con system for leaks and cooling and lubricate all the locks and hinges.
  • 2011 i30 1.6crdi tourer

Offline xiziz

• V.I.P

• se Sweden
      Varmland, Sweden
When I asked before buying my dealer quoted that they do a small service every 30k km(or 1 year) and a large every 60k km(2year). They quoted 2500SEK for the small and 4000SEK for the large.
I dont have a paper for the small, but this is the large one. Presumably its some checks and the fuel filter that differs.

• Ioniq Electric MY2019 88kw

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal