Radio returned to factory reset

eye30 · 13 · 8615

Offline eye30

• Global Moderator
  • HOS BOSS

• england England
      Wirral

• Wirral, UK. - 1.4 Petrol Active - Aqua Blue
Today when I got in the car the radio was OFF.

I didn't turn it off yesterday, never do.

The clock was showing 3:15 am and all stations defaulted to the same 87.something wave length.

All affected FM1, FM2 etc.

This has never happened before in the 31 months of ownership.

Today is 1 May not 1 April  :lol:

Has this ever happened to others?
  • 1.4 Petrol Active I'm no expert, so please correct me if

Offline Shambles

• Admin
  • Retyred @ Last

• england England
      Manchester, UK
    • i30 Owners Club
Check the memory fuse is seated firmly

Mine only resets - as expected - when I've had the battery disconnected
  • Ioniq MY2018 SE Premium Hybrid in Polar White with added oomph

Offline Myowni30

• 5th Gear

• Midlands, UK
In both the i30's I have owned, the volume on the radio keeps going up or down on its own  :exclaim:

Offline Lorian

• V.I.P

• gb United Kingdom
      Midlands

• Midlands, UK N-Line T-GDi
Not RDS traffic announce or auto speed-increase related?

Offline eye30

• Global Moderator
  • HOS BOSS

• england England
      Wirral

• Wirral, UK. - 1.4 Petrol Active - Aqua Blue
Not RDS traffic announce or auto speed-increase related?

No.

May be it's to do with the Ash from Iceland :lol:
  • 1.4 Petrol Active I'm no expert, so please correct me if

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
In both the i30's I have owned, the volume on the radio keeps going up or down on its own  :exclaim:

Hi M8 I forget the name for it but you can set the Stereo to adjust the volume automatically according to the speed you are doing to compensate for road noise etc..(assume yours is set to on...)

Mixed feedback about how effective it is (works o/k for me)
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline Myowni30

• 5th Gear

• Midlands, UK

Hi M8 I forget the name for it but you can set the Stereo to adjust the volume automatically according to the speed you are doing to compensate for road noise etc..(assume yours is set to on...)

Mixed feedback about how effective it is (works o/k for me)

I must admit that I did not know about that feature. But this usually happens when the car is travelling about 20 MPH. I have the volume set to about 8, then suddenly its gone down to 2, or sometimes shoots up to about 12, really odd.

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

But this usually happens when the car is travelling about 20 MPH. I have the volume set to about 8, then suddenly its gone down to 2, or sometimes shoots up to about 12, really odd.

Strange how it has happened on both your i30s? Does the volume number on the readout actually change?  :eek:

Because I think the auto function ramps up the volume at higher speeds but don't think the volume number on the readout actually changes... :cool:

Offline bumpkin

• V.I.P
  • Keeping it in the family!

• scotland Scotland
      Aberdeen
That sounds to me like RDS type probs, if you go into the setup you can alter the volume plus or minus values during TA or news announcements, make sure yours is at 0 and see if that makes any difference :question:
  • Kia Sportage 3, 1.7 CRDi EcoDynamics

Offline Myowni30

• 5th Gear

• Midlands, UK
Strange how it has happened on both your i30s? Does the volume number on the readout actually change?  :eek:

Because I think the auto function ramps up the volume at higher speeds but don't think the volume number on the readout actually changes... :cool:

Yes the volume numbers change. As I said I usually have it set to about 8, then when the volume drops and I click it up again on the steering wheel it will start at about 2.

As far as I know I have the TA turned off. But I will go thru all the setup menus and have a play around  :lol:

Nutter1967
This happens to me almost on a weekly basis.  Get in the car, switch the ignition on and find the radio turned off.  Switch it on only to find all radio presets have been reset to defaults.  On a couple of occassions I have switched the ignition off and then back on and the radio has returned to the way iI programmed it.  This has only happened since my radio was replaced (previous unit had am radio, CD and USB problems)

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

This happens to me almost on a weekly basis.  Get in the car, switch the ignition on and find the radio turned off.  Switch it on only to find all radio presets have been reset to defaults.  On a couple of occassions I have switched the ignition off and then back on and the radio has returned to the way iI programmed it.  This has only happened since my radio was replaced (previous unit had am radio, CD and USB problems)

Not many use the radio as far as I am aware.. so this could be a common problem that few have picked up on..

Offline clackerz

• 3rd Gear

• au Australia
      Melbourne

• Drivin' round Melbournes SE 'burbs in a Black SLX
I use the radio a bit and have had the car almost 3 wks.
Never had this happen to me.

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal