i30 Owners Club

New Brake pads for my GD - recommendations

kroner · 7 · 1689

Offline kroner

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Sydney
I'm probably looking at new brake pads for my GD. I understand there's probably million of opinions on this according to availability price and perceived quality that have been discussed previously.

but what pads "in Australia" would you recommend?
Bendix have good reviews, but they're pricey, and in my FD and Kia Cerato they creaked..

thanks
  • 2012 GD Premium CRDI

Offline mickd

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Tura Beach ( Deep Deep South Coast) NSW
Happy with original manufacturer equipment  (ome) ?
  • 4/18 Kona H/lndr 1.6T 7dct & 2/18 DM5 Santa Fe H/lndr 2.2 6sp (9/16 Active X)

Offline kroner

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Sydney
Seems too work well enough for my type of driving. any places with decent price?
« Last Edit: March 30, 2020, 04:27:24 by kroner »
  • 2012 GD Premium CRDI

Offline beerman

• V.I.P

• au Australia
Have used Bendix on the good Wife's car (I have never changed a set on any of my Hyundais). I would recommend the OEM as she got twice the distance out of them (in a fd i30). There is a set of GD oem pads on ebay for about $80 delivered on Ebay, but check with your stealer (get the part number and compare with Kia as they are often cheaper).
  • A woman drove me to drink and I didn't even have the decency to thank her..

Offline BrendanP

• Technical Advisor

• gb United Kingdom
      East Midlands
I don't know whether the parts are the same in the UK, but I've found Bendix or Delphi to be pretty good, Brembo disappointing. A word of caution though; when I changed the rear pads on my car, when I collected the Bendix pads, they were lacking the pip on the backing plate which aligns with the slot in the caliper piston. The store also opened a pack of Brembo pads, and their own brand, and neither of these had the pip either. In the end, I bought Pagid pads from another store, these had the right pip and were supplied with new shim plates (the thin folded plates that clip onto the yoke that the pads slide along).

Eventually, I decided to buy the genuine Hyundai pads when I saw a set at a reasonable price on eBay. The quality is a lot better, the backing plate is stamped very cleanly and well finished. I'll keep the Pagid pads for the next change after the warranty runs out.

Whatever you buy, check whether new shim plates are included. If not, you will have to buy them separately at additional cost.
  • i30 CRD

Offline kroner

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Sydney
I think i'll go with Hyundai.
I remember a while ago there was a website I used for genuine filters etc (in Australia) was great price, even better than ebay.
if anyone remembers.....
  • 2012 GD Premium CRDI

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
I think i'll go with Hyundai.
I remember a while ago there was a website I used for genuine filters etc (in Australia) was great price, even better than ebay.
if anyone remembers.....

Think it might be this one?

:link: Hypsares Hyundai - Hyundai, spare parts, auto, car, online store, lighting, exhausts, radiators, petrol and diesel vehicle, brakes, central coast, wyong,
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal