i30 Owners Club

Anyone know how to add auto headlights ?

Offline sunstealth

• 1st Gear

• ca Canada
      Quebec
As the title says, anyone knows how to add auto headlights to a "base model"
My car is a canadian spec 2013 egt ( i30)
It came with the bare base model light stalk and no light sensor on the dashboard.
I did install a full feature light stalk, which includes auto function and foglights
I also installed the automatic headlight sensor on the dashboard.
Still no bueno,am I missing a step there ?

Thank you !
  • i30 GD (elantra GT)

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
Hi there. Long time between posts.  :D

I suspect it may be a wiring thing. Hopefully one of our members can come up with a wiring diagram for that feature.  :undecided:
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline mickd

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Tura Beach ( Deep Deep South Coast) NSW
Was auto available in that year ?
Pretty sure that the sensor would activate lights through comp system,  not directly off sensor . Maybe system needs to be reprogrammed. Assuming all connections/ power match up.
  • 4/18 Kona H/lndr 1.6T 7dct & 2/18 DM5 Santa Fe H/lndr 2.2 6sp (9/16 Active X)

Offline The Gonz

• Admin
  • Afghanistan Vet

• au Australia
      Adelaide

• Callsign GUNZ
I'd be sourcing wiring diagrams that might suggest the function exists for your model/generation. If the pins on something like the Body Control Module name the function, that's a vote of confidence. If not, a BCM upgrade from a wrecker may be a cheap(ish) option if reprogramming isn't.
  • Frugal Firty: FDSLXCRDi5spHyperSilverBodyKit+Mods & MrsG'sPDSRPrem

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
I'd be sourcing wiring diagrams that might suggest the function exists for your model/generation. If the pins on something like the Body Control Module name the function, that's a vote of confidence. If not, a BCM upgrade from a wrecker may be a cheap(ish) option if reprogramming isn't.

Nice idea, but from previous discussions regarding engine swaps on here I understand a BCM swap can get very messy!  :sweating:
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline sunstealth

• 1st Gear

• ca Canada
      Quebec
Auto headlight was indeed available on the gt gt model ( or tech in the us) with panoramic roof .
I know that xenon headlights were non available in canada but the smart junction box could be modded to adapt to xenon without the need of a wiring relay, I ve done it with the instruction from a greek member.
Same thing for the DRL delete.

Ps i know long time between posts, I forgot my username lol
  • i30 GD (elantra GT)

Offline claude07

• 2nd Gear

• hr Croatia
Hi, sorry for the delay in answering... Just info, how many wires are there in your connector for auto lights sensor? If you have 5 wires or more, than wiring is there, if there are only 2, you don't have wiring from sensor...
  • Hyundai i30 GD

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal