i30 Owners Club

First service; 9 months, 21000km

Offline steinrk

• 2nd Gear

• no Norway

• 1.6CRDi U2/6Spd
After 9 months and 21000km it was time for the first scheduled service of the car. No special problems during these months but a couple of issues were raised with the local garage which also is the dealer where I bought the car.

First the seat belt buckle on the front passenger seat. My better half has complained that she several times have problems releasing the seat belt. She have to press 3-4 times before it releases.
Solution: They promised to order a new seat belt buckle and replace it – under warranty  :goodjob2:

The second issue is the wear of the leather on the driver seat. The left side of the side support of the seatback shows clear indication of wear. After only 20000km I argued that this shows less quality of the leather than what I expect of a car.
Solution: After having looked at it and discussed a bit they agreed. New fabric for the seatback will be ordered and replaced – under warranty  :goodjob2:

High voltage on bulb. As some of you may have seen I have complained that the Osram NB Plus bulbs blows out within 2 months. After checking the voltage on the bulbs I’m not surprised. I measured the voltage to 14.4V!!! This is much more than the bulb is specified for. I’ve kept my garage informed about my findings and they promised to look at it at the first service.
Solution: They confirmed my findings. The voltage from the generator was measured by them to 12.0 -> 14.0 Volt. It varies depending on what kind of equipment is used inside the car. They have forwarded the problem to the Hyundai system and said that they expect that a firmware upgrade of the cars system has to be done. If this takes 6 months or 6 years….., they didn’t know.
In the mean time I’m driving with parking light + fog light during daytime (lights are mandatory here, even if this combination is not allowed and I risk a fine every day….  :sweating:) to save the bulbs

Last thing was mounting of a tow bar. I have missed this and decided it was time to get it mounted. Only a detachable tow ball is allowed here since it will obscure the number plate when in use.
The tow bar is now mounted but I have to admit I was not aware that it was going to be that low…..
The connector is now the lowest part of the car. I’ll see if I can provide a couple of pictures in a couple of days.
…please do not ask how much I had to pay for it….  :faint:

My general opinion of the car and my local garage is however very good and I have good hopes for the future  :mrgreen:

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
Thanks for the info steinrk ... your garage certainly sounds very helpful and efficient  :goodjob:

We had a towbar on our previous i30 and we moved the electrical connector to the top of the bracket to save it from getting damaged... :winker:
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline meehalych

• V.I.P
  • Aircraft technician

• ru Russian Federation
      Kolpino

• Kolpino is the capital of Russia (founded in 1722)
Lucky you as a sheduled servicing interval in Russia is 15000km or one year, whatever comes first.
Nowadays I'm going to pass the second one as I have covered 29300 km already.
I wonder how much time does the servicing take in your country and what is an average price for it?
When I went to garage first time, it took about 4.5 hours for dealer to finish with my car and cost me 220 USD (I replaced air and cabin filters myself, otherwise it would cost me 300 USD), this time I guess the servicing is unlikely to take less time and would cost me less, some says the price is about 400 USD.

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
check out the servicing section of the forum for discussions on costs etc...
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal