i30 Owners Club

My test drives

Offline ridecycling

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Brisbane
Sorry this is really unrelated, but the Citroën replacement [in this thread] triggered this posting:
Prior to purchasing our i30 Trophy hatch we drove a couple of other cars: a Skoda 1.6 wagon, Citroën C4 and an i30 CW; all cars were new on offer for $24K.

The Skoda was a beautiful car, drove really well, very quiet, stable on the road, nice sound system, but even in the manual we drove, the 1.6 (non turbo) had absolutely no guts.  Once at speed the car was fine, but getting there was agony.  I had my foot planted, still nothing.

The i30CW drove well; a smidge more road noise than the hatch, but overall drove really well right out of the gate- hey what can you say, it's an i30.

The Citroën C4 on the other hand was one of the most unusual driving experiences I have ever had in my life.  The suspension was like driving around on a marshmallow and the gear changes came at the strangest times (auto)- I think I never laughed so much on a test drive than in this car.  I like its looks, fit and finish all OK but the drive is very much an acquired taste- one I have no time to acquire.

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal