i30 Owners Club

Sports Pedals for SLX

Offline Serendibb

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Sydney
Hi Guys,

Have anybody installed any aftermarket Sports pedals on their SLX?

Offline Waja

• 3rd Gear

• au Australia
      Sydney, NSW, Australia

• Hyundai i30 CRDi '07 100,000km
Hey serendibb,

I have installed the aftermarket sports pedals from supercheap auto (monza set i think?) but I had a problem with the heel and toe attachment that it had as the pedals are pretty close and it would tend to heel and toe....i also had a bit of a problem with the provided screws as they were Allen key sets and the heads ended up bolted really quickly but I just changed them all to standard phillips...another problem was the pedal slipping off the clutch as it didn't fit properly but after some wiggling and jiggling it stayed. And the final problem was that since the aftermarket pedals aren't custom made for each car, they have a bar that fits across the back. This bar has a  loop (hard to explain) and this had once caught on my floor mats and the car was in constant acceleration and I had to turn off the car to release the pedal. I soon changed the floormats to more fitting ones..

Other than these problems, I have loved my aftermarket pedals and if you want any pics or what not, give me a shout. =D Was a cheap mod for only about $30 AU

Offline whitbomb07

• 5th Gear

• au Australia
      Newcastle, Australia
I just got the Hyundai ones, not overly flash but I do love em.

Regards

Daniel

Offline i30 Roolz

• 3rd Gear

• au Australia
      Sydney
I'm also specifying the Hyundai ones to upgrade from standard.

Offline tiny

• 3rd Gear

• ro Romania
      Bucharest
unfortunately i do not know the slx sx etc package differences (shame on me) because they are named differently here
if you look at -my TNY in diesel pics, you can see the oem hyundai sport aluminium pedals installed on mine ;) lov'em

Offline Serendibb

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Sydney
Thanks for all your reply. Looks like the OEM Hyundai pedals are pretty popular. Does anyone know how much they cost in AU? Also, do they go over the existing pedals or replaced them totally?

Offline i30Dave

• 5th Gear

• au Australia
      Adelaide

• Adelaide, South Australia - Steel Grey SR i30
    • http://www.i30ownersclub.com

Offline Serendibb

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Sydney
Well, I went to get some cheapies in the end from SuperCheap. They are the SCA branded pedals. However, I opened them up and there's no instructions on how to fit them on. I'm particularly having problems on the accelerator pedal. They seem to only be secured to the pedals via 2 cable ties and they aren't particularly tight too (ie keeps slipping)

Has anybody else have any experience with these pedals or if you can point me to some instructions? Thanks very much!

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal