i30 Owners Club

Labor wiped out in Queensland.

Offline Ugly Mongrel

• V.I.P
  • H.O.S. inmate

• au Australia
      Brisbane, Qld

• Sorry, but my karma just ran over your dogma.

Offline Doggie 1

• V.I.P
  • Doggie Connoisseur

• au Australia
      Perth

• 2019 PD2 Go Petrol, Manual. 30,000 kms.
 :happydance: :happydance: :happydance: :goodjob2: :goodjob2: :goodjob2:
 :goodjob: :goodjob: :goodjob: :brilliant: :baps: :laughter: :cool!: :yahoo: :yahoo:

(I hope I'm not showing my political colours too clearly  :undecided:)
  • Tertius the i30

Offline Ugly Mongrel

• V.I.P
  • H.O.S. inmate

• au Australia
      Brisbane, Qld

:happydance: :happydance: :happydance: :goodjob2: :goodjob2: :goodjob2:
 :goodjob: :goodjob: :goodjob: :brilliant: :baps: :laughter: :cool!: :yahoo: :yahoo:

(I hope I'm not showing my political colours too clearly  :undecided:)

What makes you think that, Dave? :rofl:
  • Lubricious, the greatest 2010 CW Auto diesel.

Offline komaterpillar

• 3rd Gear

• au Australia
      Toowoomba
I went to vote today and turns out I wasnt even in the roll, (went to the same place i have been for last 7 years since i enrolled) so the chick at the poll double checked online and yeah nothing, apparently it happened heaps this year! There was even like 4 pages missing out of the roll that they had there haha BLOODY GOVERNMENT!!!!

Offline Doggie 1

• V.I.P
  • Doggie Connoisseur

• au Australia
      Perth

I went to vote today and turns out I wasnt even in the roll, (went to the same place i have been for last 7 years since i enrolled) so the chick at the poll double checked online and yeah nothing, apparently it happened heaps this year! There was even like 4 pages missing out of the roll that they had there haha BLOODY GOVERNMENT!!!!

That's pretty bad because things like that can affect the outcome some years when it's close.
  • Tertius the i30

Offline Surferdude

• Global Moderator
  • Tyre Guru

• au Australia
      Caloundra, Queensland.
Better fix it quick.
Council election in 4 weeks. :rolleyes:
  • 2020 Kona formerly 2009 i30 Hatch 5sp Manual.

Tzukius
According to the Electoral Commission Queensland (http://virtualtallyroom.ecq.qld.gov.au/elections/state/State2012/results/party.html#ALP) Labour currently hold 7 seats but given the low margin and percentage of the vote still to count, this could drop to as little as 4 seats.

Offline Phil №❶

• Top Gear
  • Loco, most of the time!

• au Australia
      Mos Eisley, South Australia
Labor wiped out in Queensland.

Good  :D
  • 2008 SX CRDi Auto White (Lila)[hr]2010 SLX CRDi Auto Red (Ruby)

Offline Doggie 1

• V.I.P
  • Doggie Connoisseur

• au Australia
      Perth

I woke up this morning wondering if I might feel differently about the result following a good night's sleep.
I didn't.  :D
  • Tertius the i30

Offline Surferdude

• Global Moderator
  • Tyre Guru

• au Australia
      Caloundra, Queensland.

Annas been privatised. :happydance:

Offline beerman

• V.I.P

• au Australia
What a wonderful evening it was watching all those hacks lose their seats  :happydance:

Now Anna's taken her bat and ball and gone home too. Looks like they plan to parachute a Labor hack into the MARGINAL seat of South Brisbane. Gee I hope its Boy Wonder Fraser and I hope he loses again.

Happy Happy days...... :happydance:

Oh and they will all be unemployed in the Bligh household, her husband is a high ranking public servant, who I would assume would have had the good sense to take a copy of Anna's resignation and change the appropriate boxes, before he gets handed his DCM (Don't come Monday) medal by Can Do.
  • A woman drove me to drink and I didn't even have the decency to thank her..

Offline AlanHo

• Global Moderator
  • Geriatric Teenager

• england England
      Solihull, UK

• 2021 KIA Niro 3 1.6 Petrol Hybrid
I don't understand what you guys are celebrating for - in your euphoria have you overlooked the fact that those who lose their seats will be replaced by other equally self-serving politicians.

This is not one of my jokes...I mean it.
  • 2021 KIA Niro3 1.6 petrol Hybrid

Offline Doggie 1

• V.I.P
  • Doggie Connoisseur

• au Australia
      Perth

As I said in another post, I'm viewing what is happening in Queensland from afar, so I can't speak with any authority.
I must say that Anna Bligh impressed the nation when the natural disasters were happening and I think (despite being Labor  :)) she did a very good job with that.
It seemed to be her forte.
But I can't comment on how her government has performed in all other areas as I just don't have the first hand knowledge.
I believe she has gone down the privatisation road which I think is a big mistake.
Unfortunately, we are having the same issues in W.A. at the moment with our Liberal state government and that, plus utility cost increases, will probably hurt them at the next election.
But the more Liberal state governments I see, the happier I will be. It can only make it harder for Julia Gillard to deal with the states on federal issues and it was pretty bloody tough when Colin Barnett was the only state Liberal leader.
The Gillard govt has abandoned W.A. and is milking us dry, so getting more balance by having another Liberal/National Paty state govt is a good thing in my book.
I know, we all have different opinions and rightly so in a democracy, but that is mine  :D
  • Tertius the i30

Offline Doggie 1

• V.I.P
  • Doggie Connoisseur

• au Australia
      Perth

I don't understand what you guys are celebrating for - in your euphoria have you overlooked the fact that those who lose their seats will be replaced by other equally self-serving politicians.

This is not one of my jokes...I mean it.

There is some truth in that Alan, but I prefer Liberal/National Party ideology to Labor ideology.
So while no govt is perfect, some are more perfect than others IMHO  :lol:
  • Tertius the i30

Offline Phil №❶

• Top Gear
  • Loco, most of the time!

• au Australia
      Mos Eisley, South Australia
 :whsaid:

It will take us years of tough decisions to undo the damage that's already been done by Labor already. Apparently, my state, South Australia has the WORLD's 3 highest electricity price right now, and Labor's carbon tax doesn't kick in until July.  :faint:

Got rid of Anna, now for Julia  :mad:
  • 2008 SX CRDi Auto White (Lila)[hr]2010 SLX CRDi Auto Red (Ruby)

Offline Surferdude

• Global Moderator
  • Tyre Guru

• au Australia
      Caloundra, Queensland.
:whsaid:

It will take us years of tough decisions to undo the damage that's already been done by Labor already. Apparently, my state, South Australia has the WORLD's 3 highest electricity price right now, and Labor's carbon tax doesn't kick in until July.  :faint:

Got rid of Anna, now for Julia  :mad:
I've become a bit ambivalent about the carbon tax of late (for the first time ever, my wife and I disagree on politics). I am, however, in favour of the NBN and a mining tax, hence concerned that if Gillard goes, the Libs will can those two things.
Re the carbon tax I'm starting to remember all the kerfuffle when the GST was introduced. And IMO that actually worked out OK.

Offline Ugly Mongrel

• V.I.P
  • H.O.S. inmate

• au Australia
      Brisbane, Qld

Anna Bligh has announced today that she is leaving politics and has resigned from parliament. There will now be a by-election in South Brisbane.

Offline Surferdude

• Global Moderator
  • Tyre Guru

• au Australia
      Caloundra, Queensland.
Anna Bligh has announced today that she is leaving politics and has resigned from parliament. There will now be a by-election in South Brisbane.
Which is an absolute slap in the face for her electorate. She's still costing us money unnecessarily.
I suspect Labor might now lose that seat also on backlash.
However, I'd kind of like Kate Jones to stand. I think she was a pretty genuine politician.

Offline Ugly Mongrel

• V.I.P
  • H.O.S. inmate

• au Australia
      Brisbane, Qld

I have to agree with you, surferdude. The GST was going to be the end of the world when it was introduced, just like the Mabo decision wa going to cause a total collapse of the mining exploration.

The introduction of Medicare and compulsory superannuation were also supposed to bring plagues of biblical proportions upon us.

None of these events came to pass and it will be the same with the carbon tax ant the mining resource rental tax. You can bet your bottom dollar (or your left one) that the Liberals will not repeal either the carbon tax or the MRTT.

Offline beerman

• V.I.P

• au Australia
Re the floods; She was the mouthpiece, but in reality it was others doing the work, and feeding the information to her speech writers, for them to produce the words for her to read. In reality it was the BOM, Police, Fire and Rescue and local councils (see the Mud Army and the work by Campbell and the Brisbane City Council) in Running the crisis and making the place look good again.

Re Bligh, at the last election ran a platform against privatisation, reducing the fuel subsidy and public service jobs.

Then promptly sold everything that wasn't bolted down, got rid of the fuel subsidy and sacked public servants.

Then introduced a health payroll system that couldn't pay anyone correctly (they decided against tests and bringing it in slowly apparently that was too costly). Yet the Health Minister was not aware and didn't get sacked.

Offline Surferdude

• Global Moderator
  • Tyre Guru

• au Australia
      Caloundra, Queensland.
Absolutely agree about the floods beerman. Just a mouthpiece and had the other mob been in power I believe they'd have handled it just as well. In times of adversity like that politics doesn't count.

Offline beerman

• V.I.P

• au Australia
Which is an absolute slap in the face for her electorate. She's still costing us money unnecessarily.
However, I'd kind of like Kate Jones to stand. I think she was a pretty genuine politician.

I would kind of like her to get a job in the real world, and no the casual job she had at Maccas before she entered the Labor machine doesn't count. The only reason she looked genuine was because she thought that might keep her job. But don't feel bad for her, her hubby got a 450k job at QRail before they sold it off......

Offline Doggie 1

• V.I.P
  • Doggie Connoisseur

• au Australia
      Perth

Re the floods; She was the mouthpiece, but in reality it was others doing the work, and feeding the information to her speech writers, for them to produce the words for her to read. In reality it was the BOM, Police, Fire and Rescue and local councils (see the Mud Army and the work by Campbell and the Brisbane City Council) in Running the crisis and making the place look good again.

Re Bligh, at the last election ran a platform against privatisation, reducing the fuel subsidy and public service jobs.

Then promptly sold everything that wasn't bolted down, got rid of the fuel subsidy and sacked public servants.

Then introduced a health payroll system that couldn't pay anyone correctly (they decided against tests and bringing it in slowly apparently that was too costly). Yet the Health Minister was not aware and didn't get sacked.

With a CV like that she should run for PM. She'd do well.
  • Tertius the i30

Offline Surferdude

• Global Moderator
  • Tyre Guru

• au Australia
      Caloundra, Queensland.

I would kind of like her to get a job in the real world, and no the casual job she had at Maccas before she entered the Labor machine doesn't count. The only reason she looked genuine was because she thought that might keep her job. But don't feel bad for her, her hubby got a 450k job at QRail before they sold it off......

You talking about Anna? Or Kate Jones?

Offline beerman

• V.I.P

• au Australia
Absolutely agree about the floods beerman. Just a mouthpiece and had the other mob been in power I believe they'd have handled it just as well. In times of adversity like that politics doesn't count.

The fact that her party were saying before that summer started, that they were almost hoping for a crisis, and if there was one, it would be Anna 24/7 shows you that whilst they knew they had a job to do, they also knew they needed to use Anna 24/7 to try to catch up. Hence why she flew off a few days later to have some pics taken for Women's day.

Offline beerman

• V.I.P

• au Australia

Keep...err unemployed Kate

Offline Surferdude

• Global Moderator
  • Tyre Guru

• au Australia
      Caloundra, Queensland.

Keep...err unemployed Kate

I know a few people in that electorate and they were all pretty happy with the way she represented them. I suspect if she's stood as an Independent she might have bolted home.

Offline Ugly Mongrel

• V.I.P
  • H.O.S. inmate

• au Australia
      Brisbane, Qld

What exactly are these "real world" jobs you think politicians should have, beerman? And how long should a pollie have one of these "real world" jobs before you consider them qualified to represent us?

Anna Bligh worked in child care, women's shelters, trade unions and the public service before entering politics in 1995. Which of these pursuits are not "real world" enough for you?

By the way, John Howard was a solicitor for 12 years before entering politics and Tony Abbot trained to become a priest before turning his hand to journalism and being a political advisor.

All real world stuff, eh.

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal