i30 Owners Club

Sat nav issue - Fatal error occurred in main thread

Way2go · 4 · 2747

Offline Way2go

• 1st Gear

• au Australia
      Bathurst, Australia
Hi all.

Our 2013 i30 Elite GD has suddenly started presenting this error message on the sat nav screen on startup:

Fatal error occurred in main thread
Address: 0x00459894
Exception:0xc0000005

Cannot get the sat nav to work, can click the 'Agree' button, but the system doesn't progress beyond that.

Other media - radio, USB, CD, etc. - all work fine.

Tried searching here and found nothing. Google search came up with responses varying from needing a new complete head unit to fixing it by resetting the sat nav (though no explanation for how to do that was provided).

Tried disconnecting the negative battery terminal for an hour, no change. Used the tiny 'reset' hole on the front of the unit, again nothing.

Anyone else had this error and managed to fix it?

Or are we up for a new head unit? And how much would that be?

• i30 Elite hatch

Offline Charlie

• 1st Gear

• WA
Hi mate. I have the same issue. Have you resolved the issue yet??
Thanks
  • Hyundai i30

Offline GetThere

• 1st Gear

• Australian Capital Territory
I have the same issue with a 2013 i30. Time is out by 15mins too.
Can't get past the UELA acknowledgment after the error is closed to gather further information.
  • 2013 i30 Elite

Offline GetThere

• 1st Gear

• Australian Capital Territory
Update: For me, it was a firmware update that was required. You cannot update the firmware yourself on the 2013 model.
Booked in a local Hyundai Service Center, they said they updated the GPS firmware and this resolved the issue.
They didn't charge me, and also paid for my uber to work and back very kind, this also fixed the clock drift and allowed me to access the menu required to update the timezone.

• 2013 i30 Elite

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal