i30 Owners Club

Windscreen not clearing

Offline GCC2024

• 1st Gear

• gb United Kingdom
      Hertfordshire
Hello everyone, I have a new issue with my 2009 i30 crdi. Last week I was driving on a motorway on a wet day and needed to demist the windscreen and windows so I turned on the blower as normal but instead of clearing the screen it misted up even more. Thankfully I had a towel in the car so was able to wipe the screen instead but I was concentrating so much on keeping the screen clear that I didn’t take note if the blower was warm or not. There was also a strange smell, unfamiliar, not sure if it was anti freeze smell or something else quite sickly. The inside of the screen was getting “oily” but that could have been from the dirty towel I was using. At home I checked the water level in the reservoir and it was empty. I topped it up but a week later it has gone down again and today there was smoke or mist coming out of the blower vents- never seen that before. And the screen still won’t clear, either with AC or not. Do any of you wonderful experts have any ideas please ? Thank you very much
  • I30 diesel estate

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal