i30 Owners Club

Removing rear bumper (for reversing sensors) fao L30N

Offline Myowni30

• 5th Gear

• Midlands, UK
Hello L30N,

I see you have DIY reversing sensors installed.

Just wanted to know how hard it is to remove the rear bumper, and are there any pitfalls to removing it (any special tools required).  Does it have to be removed totally to install the sensors.

Thanks  :D

Offline L30N

• 3rd Gear

• gb United Kingdom
      Wallsend, North Tyneside, UK

• Wallsend, UK
Hello L30N,

Just wanted to know how hard it is to remove the rear bumper, and are there any pitfalls to removing it (any special tools required).  Does it have to be removed totally to install the sensors.

Hi, no special tools are required just a screwdriver and socket set. I removed rear light clusters to start with. However there are LOTS or screws and bolts to remove so remember where they came from! It took me quite a while, partly because there were 2 bolts hidden out of sight under the rear wheel arch (you will need a short or L shaped socket for these unless you remove the wheels) . There are actually 3 hole positions marked inside the bumper so I chose to only use 3 instead of 4 sensors for ease of drilling. Hope this helps, planning to post some updated pics of my mods soon.  :)

Offline Myowni30

• 5th Gear

• Midlands, UK
Hello L30N,

Hi, no special tools are required just a screwdriver and socket set. I removed rear light clusters to start with. However there are LOTS or screws and bolts to remove so remember where they came from! It took me quite a while, partly because there were 2 bolts hidden out of sight under the rear wheel arch (you will need a short or L shaped socket for these unless you remove the wheels) . There are actually 3 hole positions marked inside the bumper so I chose to only use 3 instead of 4 sensors for ease of drilling. Hope this helps, planning to post some updated pics of my mods soon.  :)

Thank you very much for the information  :D

Offline n000b

• 1st Gear
Hi, no special tools are required just a screwdriver and socket set. I removed rear light clusters to start with. However there are LOTS or screws and bolts to remove so remember where they came from! It took me quite a while, partly because there were 2 bolts hidden out of sight under the rear wheel arch (you will need a short or L shaped socket for these unless you remove the wheels) . There are actually 3 hole positions marked inside the bumper so I chose to only use 3 instead of 4 sensors for ease of drilling. Hope this helps, planning to post some updated pics of my mods soon.  :)

I am wanting to install some reversing sensors (the no-drill ones that go behind the bumper) on my 2008 i30. To remove the bumper, do I just need to remove the light assemblies, and then remove bolts behind the lights, in the wheel arch and I presume under the carpet in the spare wheel area?

Offline aktuls

• 2nd Gear

• fi Finland

• i30cw 1,6 CVVT 5MT ISG, Champange Silver
Hi, no special tools are required just a screwdriver and socket set. I removed rear light clusters to start with. However there are LOTS or screws and bolts to remove so remember where they came from! It took me quite a while, partly because there were 2 bolts hidden out of sight under the rear wheel arch (you will need a short or L shaped socket for these unless you remove the wheels) . There are actually 3 hole positions marked inside the bumper so I chose to only use 3 instead of 4 sensors for ease of drilling. Hope this helps, planning to post some updated pics of my mods soon.  :)

I am wanting to install some reversing sensors (the no-drill ones that go behind the bumper) on my 2008 i30. To remove the bumper, do I just need to remove the light assemblies, and then remove bolts behind the lights, in the wheel arch and I presume under the carpet in the spare wheel area?

Hi n000b,  did you get your sensors installed ? What model/make are those sensors ?

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal